Saved! New Paramedic Drama on TNT

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll watch it to see how it goes. But I don't have very high hopes.

I'm glad to see "Rescue Me" is finally back though! 8) I've always liked Dennis Leary so my view may be somewhat slanted. :wink:

I sort of skimmed the discussion here, but which Portland is the show supposed to be set in, Maine or Oregon?

Oregon, another TV show filmed in Vancouver, BC that is supposed to an American city. :roll:

99.9% of the population won't know the difference anyway.

I bet Multnomah County EMS and AMR are just thrilled about this new series.

Peace,

Marty

:thumbleft:

I bet Multnomah County EMS and AMR are just thrilled about this new series.

Peace,

Marty

:thumbleft:

I wonder if the character's ex-girlfriend has a residency at OHSU or Emanuel? LOL

Cool...at least it's nice to see that our quotes are read; and not just by us. At least one person sees us in action and now has a greater respect for what we actually do in the back of an ambulance. It's about time. It's not enough...but if one person is convinced...that's one more than before. Maybe he will pass it on to his friends and family. :roll:

Regarding the glove issue...call me anal, but I do everything I can. There are a lot of ways you can be humanistic without touching someone with bare hands. Excuse me, but I'll pass on that. I wash my hands...all throughout the day..so chances are I've washed them pretty much before a call. I wear gloves...sometimes double if it's really nasty trauma or really slimy or something like that. :shock: I am careful about the way I peel them off, and I wash my hands immediately afterwards. That is something I am obsessive about and I make sure I do not get complacent with. We are exposed to a lot of stuff. Accidents happen...but anything I (God forbid) should ever get is definitely NOT going to be because I was careless. Just the way I am....

xoxo :roll:

What one needs to remember, the gloves is really for the patients protection as much as it is for you... would you rather have a Dentist with hand washing and gloves insert his fingers in your mouth or one you hoped washed his hands ?

Again, one does not need to have "bare" skin to be humanistic and portray compassion.

R/r 911

No EMS show will ever accurately portray the profession - we don't show as much cleavage as CSI and there isn't enough drama and blantant heroism in accurately finding and treating most medical problems (or an expertly executed dialysis transfer :tongue:).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.