Why I am the way I am

Okay, so, I occasionally take one on the chin for my attitude. I am very anti-hero. I have reamed out a great number of people in real life, and on this board, for doing something stupid that could have gotten themselves or their crew injured or killed. I've been called harsh, I've been called a coward. This video I found may give you some insight into why I don't suffer morons in the field of emergency services lightly. It comes from our colleagues in firefighting, but I think there's a message here that holds true for EMS and Fire. WARNING: DISTURBING FOOTAGE:

http://www.firefighterclosecalls.com/downl...iningMishap.wmv

I don't know WHAT the fuck these guys were thinking, but, remember this video next time you have that 18 year old rookie going off about 'charging through the flames'.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF ?... How upsetting and to allow even 10 seconds of idiot behavior.. this is why I am so against non-professional services! What is worst is they would had all charged in the set... without initial knock down. As well as as having a hot set for demonstration ?.. geez...

Thanks for the video .. I will share with other Fire Service Instructors.. nothing like seeing idiots in action, hopefully someone else can learn off others mistakes.

R/R 911

Seems to me that the moron in charge of the training exercise forgot to explain to billy bob & bubba that they need to open the nozzle BEFORE they attempt to enter. The officer in charge should be brought up on charges. and doing it in front of a crowd with crying kids watching ,WTF. :roll: :roll: :roll:

:shock: I am speechless! For the sake of my sanity, I will tell myself this was just a isolated incident. Although I am sure it happens with a little more frequency. Not being involved with fire, I really don't understand it. In this instance though common sense was severely lacking.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.