Why I am the way I am

ok, Wall of Fire - 5 dollars on gold mastercard

Charged hose - 10 buck on gold mastercard

crawling thru the wall of fire - 15 bucks on mastercard

12 weeks in the hospital undergoin burn treatment - Priceless

Well they showed the public that fire is nothing to play with didn't they.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy freaking cow, what kind of a :violent1: does that? Apparently someone slept through every single fire school class...ever. Especially the part of the lesson about "You are not Superman, so don't even try." And yes, I'm one of those "18 year old rookies" but I also have the brain cells to know that bunker gear isn't going to make me impervious to fire or something.

this is why I am so against non-professional services!

*ahem* Every company I know around here (they're all volunteer) would never, ever do something that stupid. The only reason it happens in volunteer places is because volunteers have to grub for money and put on dumb shows like this. Lots of people fed into something this awfully bad and stupid.

Just as a better alternative for volunteer companies out there: one of the companies I'm with does a mock extrication at our open house. Much better effect, more control over the situation, and a lot less likely someone is going to pull a stunt like in the video.

Hey asys, no apologies needed, you hit the nail on its head. As I am aware of where this stemmed from, you are correct in laying into them. Stupid people deserve a little eye opening every now and then...............

This video really made me sick to my stomach. I think the worse part was hearing the little kid in the background who seemed to have a better handle on the situation than the guys on the line. I really think this video needs to be mandatory video in all firefighting and/or EMS classes.

Thanks for the video. I will most definitely use this. There is absolutely no reason that the person in charge should have allowed the building to be entered. I remember watching "To Hell and Back" about the fire officer who was conducting a training burn and got burned. The video goes on to show all treatments he has to go through. It was hard to watch, but worth it. If you've never seen it, I would advise you to. You may never be a firefighter, but it will serve as a reminder that things can go terribly wrong, very quickly.

Doc

LMAO! :)

That's hilarious right there! I could watch that all day!

Anybody find any story about this anywhere? It's gotta be on the Internet.

Un-freaking-believable. Our guys have been kicked off the dept for much less...the powers that be recognize the danger and stop it before it gets to that point. Contrary to popular belief, you can still be fired from a vollie squad....

That video: natural selection at its finest!

Brat :wink:

Darwin would love to write a book on these guys...

STUPID STUPID STUPID, I just can't belive that, and in public with kids watching. And there is a difference between professional and non professional services and it has nothing to do with paid or voll. as a fire service inst who teaches paid and voll. 9 times out of 10 I'd rather go in with the voll, they seem to take trg more serious, at least where I am and they don't tend to think they are invincible.

Cheers

Hehehe... I never get tired of watching that clip!

Anytime you're feeling stupid over a mistake or two, just go watch this a couple of times and feel better about yourself! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.