Who has the strangest/funniest phobia(s)?

Sassafras

A few that I found funny...

Apotemnophobia- Fear of persons with amputations. - Oh hello there, let me shake your hand....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Bacillophobia- Fear of microbes. - You're screwed.

Bacteriophobia- Fear of bacteria. - You're screwed.

Bolshephobia- Fear of Bolsheviks. - You're screwed...Inevitably...they are everywhere...

Cnidophobia- Fear of stings. - http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0120917/Ss/...;path_key=Sting

Dutchphobia- Fear of the Dutch. - see Bolshephobia

Genuphobia- Fear of knees. - You're screwed.

Hypnophobia- Fear of sleep or of being hypnotized. - I like how they equate sleep (which is inevitable) with being hypnotized. LOL....Maybe it's just me...

Ithyphallophobia- Fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis. - I'm screwed.

Lutraphobia- Fear of otters. - see Bolshephobia.

Medorthophobia- Fear of an erect penis. - see Ithyphallophobia

Megalophobia- Fear of large things. - see Medorthophobia, then see Ithyphallophobia

Onomatophobia- Fear of hearing a certain word or of names. - Craptacular....Uh oh........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Opiophobia- Fear medical doctors experience of prescribing needed pain medications for patients. - I don't even know what that means...

Poliosophobia- Fear of contracting poliomyelitis. - NOW THAT IS SPECIFIC

Rhabdophobia- Fear of being severely punished or beaten by a rod, or of being severely criticized. Also fear of magic.(wand) - http://www.realmagicwands.com/

Scelerophibia- Fear of bad men, burglars. - Again, I like how "bad men" are equated to burglars. Is this man bad? http://personal.carthage.edu/jrivera/image...ns/PB063263.JPG

Teratophobia- Fear of bearing a deformed child or fear of monsters or deformed people. - Pleasant.

Xyrophobia-Fear of razors. - Ladies? I hope not...

Ya it's dumb.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Beegers

I am all of the following....

Algophobia- Fear of pain.

Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotton or ignored or forgetting.

Atychiphobia- Fear of failure.

Autophobia- Fear of being alone or of oneself.

Catagelophobia- Fear of being ridiculed.

Cleithrophobia or Cleisiophobia- Fear of being locked in an enclosed place.

Emetophobia- Fear of vomiting.

Eremophobia- Fear of being oneself or of lonliness.

Hypengyophobia or Hypegiaphobia- Fear of responsibility.

Isolophobia- Fear of solitude, being alone.

Paraskavedekatriaphobia- Fear of Friday the 13th. (ESPECIALLY AFTER TODAY)

Ponophobia- Fear of overworking or of pain.

Tocophobia- Fear of pregnancy or childbirth.

Have postophobia - absolutely HATE picking up the mail. At best its bills and junk mail - at worst its another letter from my ex-wife's lawyer. Post office calls my kids at school to pick up the mail after school.

This is crazy..... I really didnt think that there were any other adults who would be afraid of clowns..... one of my coworkers said someone would lose their life if they pranked him using a clown..... so very tempting..... He is deathly afraid I think. Anyway my aunt is terrified of COWS. Which I have never went into a pasture where COWS would hang around long enough to scare me....so I have no idea what her problem is. I have another friend that is afraid of chickens....I know they can chase you, but come on now, you can kick them and they will run off... I know just too many crazy people .

At least I am afraid of something that could kill me. I mean SPIDERS are very dangerous and vicious creatures. They look for ways to catch you off guard and strike when you least expect it. Death to ALL spiders.... they are demons from HELL !!!!![/font:52f90d6950]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.