Who has the strangest/funniest phobia(s)?

Sassafras

I have Lilapsophobia.......fear of tornadoes or hurricanes.

Not hurricanes so much for me, but tornadoes.......YIKES!!!

Everytime I hear of a funnel cloud touching down somewhere in the States, I freak, wondering if that storm system is heading my way! And I immediately go down to the basement.

And sit there.......sometimes for hours!

I think I'd die of an MI before the tornado touched down, if I ever saw one!!

I know, I'm weird.......but so is everyone else, from what I've read in this thread!! LOL!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid of falling, but not from just anything. It is only falling from man-made things. I can go rock climbing, hiking along the tops of ravines, etc. and it never bothers me. I absolutely refuse to ride a Ferris wheel. I just know the entire wheel is going to come loose and go rolling down the midway with me still on it. I won't climb fire/lookout towers either. I am convinced that someone made a mistake when putting that thing together and it is going to collapse when I am at the top of it. I will however ride a roller coaster, because if the track is going to collapse, it will only do so behind me and since the train is moving on the track, it can outrun the part that is falling down. Totally weird, I know. (And my wonderful husband sees fit to remind me of that every chance he gets.)

Im very afraid of heights(acrophobia).

I HATE enclosed spaces(claustrophobia).

Fear of open high places(aeroacrophobia).

I have a fear of flying(aviophobia).

It annoys me when people rub metal against metal or their teeth against their metal utensils. It gives me cold chills. People love to do this to me all the time at work.

Ok I'm vunerable now.

Shayla[/font:f70a24bd8b]

I will however ride a roller coaster, because if the track is going to collapse, it will only do so behind me and since the train is moving on the track, it can outrun the part that is falling down.

That...right there...is FUNNY....I don't care what anyone says...

:wink: 8

Nucleomituphobia- Fear of nuclear weapons. <-- i think this is legitimate...

Myrmecophobia- Fear of ants. <-- oh god... spiders? snakes? throw them at me. ANTS? they freak the daylight out of me. Especially when they all gather together GAHHh

Dinophobia- Fear of whirlpools. <-- goes along with my fear of drowning...

Aviophobia - Fear of flying <-- i can't sleep the night before im going somewhere on an airplane, or when a family member of mine is on an airplane.

The sound that gives me the shivers is when people crack their knuckles. Just thinking about it... its like nails on a chalkboard.

Lol @ Fear of whirlpools- Come to think of it- I have a major issue with public pools and whirlpools (do you all know how filthy they are?!?! And after public pool chemical maintenance for a couple years- I know a filthy pool from a clean one :confused4: )...guess I can add that the the growing number of quirks I have Lol.

Nucleomituphobia- Fear of nuclear weapons. <-- i think this is legitimate...

Myrmecophobia- Fear of ants. <-- oh god... spiders? snakes? throw them at me. ANTS? they freak the daylight out of me. Especially when they all gather together GAHHh

Dinophobia- Fear of whirlpools. <-- goes along with my fear of drowning...

Aviophobia - Fear of flying <-- i can't sleep the night before im going somewhere on an airplane, or when a family member of mine is on an airplane.

The sound that gives me the shivers is when people crack their knuckles. Just thinking about it... its like nails on a chalkboard.

Sort of a Dentist's drill eh Rayster?

I'm surpised you didn't list Noplayoffsphobia being a die hard Maple Leaf fan. :lol:

Just kidding, you know we love ya. :wink:

I am scared to death of spiders. :shock: Put a hole through the wall at my station one time trying to kill "super spider".I swear the thing was the size of a basket ball. :roll: :wink: Anyway I took a broom and tried to kill it. Nope put a hole in the wall and the spider fell to the floor and scampered under the sofa,while I jumped up on the chair :oops: ,and the medic I was working with double over in laughter. My chief/adminisrator gave me a lecture and a ball busting (called me girly man several times :roll: )For several shifts I had rubber spiders,plastic ,and dead ones put in my mail box at work. :D Heck,I have to have my wife( and my kids) kill them at home,otherwise I will destroy the house trying to kill them. Yeah and before you all bust my stones I'll bet some of you are afraid of snakes. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.