Who has the strangest/funniest phobia(s)?

Sassafras

I have some interesting fears...or so my friends tell me... :shock:

Hydrophobia- Fear of water (Yes, I can take showers and drink water, but any water deeper than about my waist, I can't handle)

I'm also afraid of being on a boat...almost more so than being in water.

Oh, and people without eyes (i.e. a glass eye or patch) really MESS with me.

:oops: -Kero

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a girlfriend who once had a dream that Ronald McDonald was chasing her in the woods with a chainsaw. I'm sorry, but that was just TOOOO funny! She didn't think it was, but man, just picturing Ronald with a chainsaw and a evil laugh while eating a cheeseburger. I still think it's funny to see that people are scared of clowns :( I'm sorry, don't mean to be insensitive...but what's so bad about clowns?

I have a fear of Barney the Dinosaur. Man, you see how big that dude's jaw is?? :lol:

O-kay...

A few years ago my husband related a dream where myself and two of my female friends were shooting up a Walgreens using Mary-Kay pink Uzis.

Not sure why Walgreens and sure as heck don't understand the pink, but I admire his taste in firearms. So did the other two gals when they heard about it.

Me? It's heights. But only in certain situations. I can rock climb fine, but it's the coming back down, having to look to see where my foot goes that's rough. I used to rappel. A lot.

Or jumping. Out of the plane is fine, it's that last 50 feet when the grounds coming up fast.

Or leaning over a balcony in a big theater.

So long as it a long way down, it doesn't bother me. But if I can *see* bottom, then it gets to me.

OK...I am terrified of zebras...not a bit of logic behind that, but I still just cringe when I see them on TV or in the zoo or whatever. I don't like zebras at all. I also don't like dragon flies...I just know that one day a big dragon fly is going to bite me adn chew all of the flesh from my body and cause a very slow and painful death.

• 2 months later...

Acrophobia- Fear of heights

Aeroacrophobia- Fear of open high places

Agoraphobia- Fear of open spaces or of being in crowded, public places like markets. Fear of leaving a safe place

Anablephobia- Fear of looking up

Anuptaphobia- Fear of staying single

Aphenphosmphobia- Fear of being touched. (Haphephobia

Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders

Automysophobia- Fear of being dirty.

Autophobia- Fear of being alone or of oneself

Ballistophobia- Fear of missiles or bullets

Chiraptophobia- Fear of being touched

Cleithrophobia or Cleisiophobia- Fear of being locked in an enclosed place.

Claustrophobia- Fear of confined spaces

Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns

Cancerophobia or Carcinophobia- Fear of cancer

Defecaloesiophobia- Fear of painful bowels movements

These are just a few and I could go on and on..... I have more phobias than I thought I did... but im weird like that! :D

Not really a phobia, but an aversion, or dislike, or intolerance maybe is a better word. :shock:

I can't handle cardboard being folded or ripped, either the sound or the feel of it. And I can absolutely not handle the feeling of unfinished wood or smooth concrete on my feet. ICK! :pukeright: These are like 'nails on a chalk board' for me.

I knew there were lots of people with Arachnophobia.

Haven't seen anyone with my other big phobia:Astraphobia or Astrapophobia - Fear of thunder and lightning. Mostly just fear of Lightning and being outside during it. Been for as long as I can remember. Tried to get over it, but no luck.

Also have Hoplophobia - Fear of firearms, but only when they're in someone Else's hands. 8-[

Going to tell my BF that I have Phallophobia - Fear of Penis, esp. erect. lmao :lol:

Didn't know this was a real phobia (that I have): Soteriophobia - fear of dependence on others. :oops:

There are some really strange ones there.

I guess I can say this and not be to weird, but I do not mind spiders or clowns or snakes, but what will make me pass out with fear is Crickets. I have a deathly fear of them I literally have anxiety attacks if they are in the house... I saw KILL THEM ALL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.