Is it possible to be an emt with a terminal illness?

:c those people are jerks. May I put them into the hunger games and sink them into a lake of propanetriol trinitrate? I'm pretty sure I'm me and not anyone else. We can even talk on facebook or skype if that'd make you feel better....but Kiwi, what's wrong with dreamers? Oh! Another questions...

1. Kiwi can I pet and feed you? :3

2. Cookie can I eat you? :D

If you take a bite outta me, I wuld be moonin you. And you don't want that :thumbsdown: Besides I would not be able to get dinner on the table. Having homemade biscuits and sausage gravy, bacon and eggs!

Edited by Cookie

It seems to me that she asked a pretty interesting question. I read back through the thread and still fail to find the point where she's done more than that...

When did your entire life suddenly need to be lay bare to ask a question? She asked, now you all are going to debate the status of her health and her character? What the hell is going on?

Maybe she's a chick, maybe a dude, maybe sick, maybe healthy, how does any of that relate to her asking a pretty simple question?

We seem to have a trend where no one, particularly new folks, can leave themselves even the slightest bit vulnerable without someone getting a hardon (yeah, that seem appropriate as I don't see our girls doing this) by jumping all over them.

It's not that hard to beat up on new folks, much harder, but certainly more respectable to mentor them instead.

Do I have to be missing a limb to wonder if someone that is can work in EMS? Do I have to be a criminal to wonder where the lines are drawn for previous criminals to get involved in EMS?

What the hell is going on?

• Like 2

In my neck of the woods it doesn't matter about your medical condition to acquire certification. Provided one can complete the educational requirements, including practicum, one can be certified by the College. However, obtaining employment might be a different story entirely. Any application form I've seen includes two questions that would require a truthful response.

1. Do you have any medical condition or disability that would prevent you from performing your duties as described?
  2. Do you have any special requirements to enable you to perform your duties as described.

For example, a individual confined to a wheelchair would be unable to perform the duties of an EMT and would have to respond in the positive for question 1. I've worked with people who have prosthetic legs, and they had no problems performing their duties, but still had to answer the affirmative to question 2, because if something were to happen to the prosthesis, it may limit their ability to perform their duties. In either case, an affirmation requires further details.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.