Is it possible to be an emt with a terminal illness?

Can you do thar below 18? How long does it take to complete it?

NP requires a BN (BSN) + a Masters degree so think at least six years of studying

A PA I think also requires a Masters degree so might be the same we do not have PA's here so I am not familiar with the education requirements

I prefer the shirt that says, "Consultant Ambulance Driver"

I should put that on a polo shirt and send it over to you

Wow, Lotus, I'm so sorry that it is that serious. I think it is admirable that you want to help others, especially at 16 years old. To be competely honest though, I would stop thinking about others now. If you only have a few months, I think it is time to be selfish and only think about yourself and your loved ones. Do things that make you happy and spend as much time with your family as you can. Go to the beach every day, go to Great Adventure, sit around and play video games with your friends. Enjoy your time and be as selfish as you can.

• Like 2

Lotus,

I cannot imagine being in your situation with only a few months left. IMHO, for what it's worth, as long as your terminal illness would not be endangering a patient in any way (communicable) or incapacitating (to you and your duties/care of the patient), then by all means go for it.

You should be happy in all your endeavors. I would be making the most of the situation and persuing what ever guilty pleasures you desire to do with what ever time remains. See the sunrise/sunset at sea, explore the beauty of all things. Stay safe and bless you.

CRNA is Certified Registered Nurse Anaesthetist

They hold a Masters Degree in anaesthesia and have been used for decades in the US; I am not sure of the exact scope of their practice as compared to an traditional Anaesthetist

In some EU countries e.g. Sweden they are used in a primary capacity for anaesthesia and the Anaesthetist (Consultant) will move between two or three theatres as required to provide expert support.

Recently the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists put their position forward that never in either country as long as they have the power to do so will anybody except a vocationally registered Anaesthetist or trainee (Anaesthetic Registrar) ever be used in a primary anaesthesia capacity

Edited by Kiwiology

D: but being lazy is boring! Plus there's always people who are worse then that or just need help :c if helping them is possible, theres really no excuse not to. Just because one life might end doesnt mean several others have to.....thats just being mean :c

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.