Is it possible to be an emt with a terminal illness?

If what you told me tonight is correct, and if this relates to you specifically, then your becoming an EMT will be impossible

I say that based solely on what you told me tonight, I will not openly state what you told me cos I don't know if that's OK with you :)

:c i guess i can see why....sort of. But i meant certification because he said the state wouldn't let me take the test....which he admitted wasnt true :c plus im still hoping eventually ill get better enough to go back home and such....it hasnt ever been this bad though :/

This is starting to remind me of those stupid dramatic Facebook status' designed to get attention.

.....Oh no

..... Here we go again

...... My heart is broke

..... Please pray for me

..... I hope I get an answer soon

I have a feeling I will regret this post, but for now it is cute the two of you have a public-secret.

LOL mate

I'm not really interested in whatever pseudo dramatic slop is emanating from this bloke but based on what I heard in chat he's shooting out his bottom if he wants to become an ambo; it's not up to me to go spread around what he said y'know confidentiality and all

I've paged the Areyoushittingmeology House Officer to come admit because I'm not interested any more

Edited by Kiwiology

This is starting to remind me of those stupid dramatic Facebook status' designed to get attention.

.....Oh no

..... Here we go again

...... My heart is broke

..... Please pray for me

..... I hope I get an answer soon

I have a feeling I will regret this post, but for now it is cute the two of you have a public-secret.

Actually this young lady is currently in a hospital in New Jersey due to this terminal condition. I've been talking to her off and on and this is what she says of her condition. And these are her exact words to me via her PM to me

Its an electrical imbalance and neuro mutation thing....like the nerves arent nice like other people's. Its especially bad in the heart since there's an extra node in there like wpw, but all of the nodes even the nicer sa and av ones are a bit mutated so its not a set oh hey this is what it is theres a whole textbook on this etc. Like other conditions

She said that she has suffered multiple cardiac arrests and has been in the back of ambulances multiple times. that is the reason why she wants to be an EMT.

I have seen her facebook page and everything that she has posted here seems to pan out on her facebook page.

She is as legit as I've ever seen and if she's pulling a fast one then this is the best put together "pulling the wool over our eyes" sham that I've ever seen perpetrated against this website and against our group.

It's good to have some skepticism but I think we can all put our skepticism away with this young lady and extend our hand of friendship out to her.

She's 16, stuck in a hospital and a friendly note to her would really go a long way to lifting her spirits.

It's also an interesting magazine to read at the doctors office or waiting for your car to get fixed while the mechanics point at you through the glass partition between the workshop and waiting room as they laugh at you

KIWI, I need to talk to you ASAP and I can't send you any PM's Please email me at ruffems@gmail.com It's pretty important I speak with you ASAP. I have a package I need to deliver to you and need to get some info from you. Email me so I can get the info to you.

I too have visited with her and she appears to me genuine. She does not have that oh poor me attitude, exactly the opposite, or else she would not be looking forward to starting classes to be an emt.

I didn't mean to sound like a prick but we get so many dreamers, hacks, want-to-be's, attention seekers, escaped mental health patients and the like some people get very sceptical

Then there's that Emergentologist bloke ... he's a big poo poo head want-to-be Consultant who tawks funny, calls me names and tests my clinical decision making!

But he's not nearly as bad as that Kiwi person, I hear he's a bit funny in the noggin

PS Love you Emergentologist :D

Yes, especially that Emergentologist ... he secretly hates me but won't admit it cos he's a big poo poo head! :(

And yes, everybody has secrets, even me, but they are tucked away in the dark, dark corners of my mind, places so mentally unhealthy, devoid of life and filled with unimaginable psycho emotional pain and anguish

PS Love you Emergentologist now give me some haloperidol and midazolam to get me out of this dark corner

PS Love you Emergentologist now give me some haloperidol and midazolam to get me out of this dark corner

But that only makes you go to the other corner

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.