Fee for service woes.

paramedicmike

Okay then lets change it to ems. Lets start a subscription service for EMS. Rather than raising taxes to pay for ambulances and staff for them you decide do you want to pay a low yearly fee of say $75. If you do not pay you will not be seen or transported for medical emergencies or trauma that occurs at your home. We will respond to vehicle accidents and work them just because they look cool.

Edited by spenac

Okay then lets change it to ems. Lets start a subscription service for EMS. Rather than raising taxes to pay for ambulances and staff for them you decide do you want to pay a low yearly fee of say $75. If you do not pay you will not be seen or transported for medical emergencies or trauma that occurs at your home. We will respond to vehicle accidents and work them just because they look cool.

isnt that what you would call health insurance

I saw this story on the Phoenix news tonight. According to the news, the trailer did not qualify for insurance and did not qualify for the 75$ annual subscription. The owners would have gladly paid it, they didn't have the option.

Interview with the owners revealed unsophisticated people who stated they were grateful the FD was there because if anything had happened to their neighbors it would have been "awful"

I saw this story on the Phoenix news tonight. According to the news, the trailer did not qualify for insurance and did not qualify for the 75$ annual subscription. The owners would have gladly paid it, they didn't have the option.

Interview with the owners revealed unsophisticated people who stated they were grateful the FD was there because if anything had happened to their neighbors it would have been "awful"

Wow, CNN didn't have any of that in their story.

I don't buy the doesn't qualify for insurance because there are insurance companies that will insure anything.

And the trailer not meeting the fee that's hogwash because the rest of the homes and neighbors around them were also trailers.

Too much not adding up but oh well. AT least they have some sort of a pragmatic attitude about this.

isnt that what you would call health insurance

Actually many health insurance plans including those from the USA government do not pay for all ambulance calls and many people can not afford regular health insurance but also do not qualify for government help.

But it's in EMTCity so I guess that's why he has a issue with it being discussed.
Making more or less appropriate or funny comments about fire fighting is absolutely on topic in EMS forums. Considering other topics here, it's fitting perfectly. Edited by Bernhard