Fee for service woes.

paramedicmike

Any areas out there where the FD bills homeowners insurance, or the homeowners outright, for services such as this? I know some areas (at least around here) are starting to bill auto insurance for responses to MVCs.

Mayor Mike Bloomberg wanted to try that, in an effort to reduce taxes in NYC. The protestations of the public, and even the FDNY, caused the mayor to recind the idea, even before he attempted to have it presented to the City Council. My councilman told me, privately, he would have rejected it, anyway.

Yayyyy....IHLPP leaves and Flaming returns...whoo hooo!!! The fun never ends.

funny never seen IHLPP and Faming in the romm at the same time.....bit like superman and clarke kent huh?

well if you are a 'flaming one' you would hate little pea nus es

I truly do understand pay for service. My taxes elude to that very well. ha ha

And, I think I can fathom (really can't, but I'm trying to) that a fire crew would roll on a 911 call and then not provide any service.

They did provide a service. They staged in the event there was risk to life of any person and to protect the neighboring members property.

I would hate to be a fireman in that situation but I am sure that the firemen are well accustomed to their system. There must be many smaller incidents that occur frequently possibly every day.

Mayor Mike Bloomberg wanted to try that, in an effort to reduce taxes in NYC. The protestations of the public, and even the FDNY, caused the mayor to recind the idea, even before he attempted to have it presented to the City Council. My councilman told me, privately, he would have rejected it, anyway.

"In the early days that is how the system worked. "New York City companies were famous for sending runners out to fires with a large barrel to cover the hydrant closest to the fire in advance of the engines.[citation needed"] Often fights would break out between the runners and even the responding fire companies for the right to fight the fire and receive the insurance money that would be paid to the company that fought it" -- wikipedia--

Edited by DFIB