Whats Your Favorite Snack While On-Duty

hatelilpeepees

Topics and tempers seem to have been kind of hot in here last week, so I throw this topic out just to give us something to talk about that shouldn't turn into a war:

Maybe this only applies to the obese people like me, but I keep some snacks in my bus, just in case we get slammed and I can't make it to a restaurant or back to the station at the time I would prefer. I usually try to keep stuff that does not require refrigeration, like those little cracker and cheese or peanut butter packs, trail mix, or slimjims.

What do you guys eat ?

I like sunflower seeds although the salt will probably kill me. Trail mix is a close second. Home made cookies at the station. And greasy tacos after a really stressfull run. There is a little taco stand across the way from the station that have the worst tacos in the world but are the only thing open after midnight.

I thought I would chime in before someone finds a reason to think slimjims, crackers, peanutbutter or trailmix are somehow racist or anti religion.

I don't carry snacks. I have drank sterilized water in the back of the rig coming back from a 4 hour transport feeling like I'm going to blow away. I grab what I can when I can, and spend my 4 days in the gym fighting the dreaded ambulance ass.

Hm... Cigarettes ( :bonk: ), Fisherman`s Friends, NicNac`s and with Chocolate filled Croissants do my day (reading this words again, makes me realize how shallow my life expectation is :confused: ).

Smokes, peeled unsalted pistachios, water. Thats about all I keep in the rig for "those" days. If I know I will be doing a long stand-by (SAR, fire scene, sporting event) I try and bring some protien bars, gatoraid (or equivelent), and sometimes popcorn. At sporting events its alot easier to come by cooked food so usually I pack light.

I usually try and keep the snacks salt free and non messy. Hate trying to put gloves on over greasy hands or seeing grease smugs on the BDUs.

Pumpkin Seeds!!!! I always have them in my coat pocket and in my mail box. I get razzed about it all the time. They are my addiction. Other than that I really don't snack while on shift. If for some reason I do, I have fruit in the fridge or granola bars in my locker.