I'm back

LittleFirecracker

WHAT! Things have changed. You didn't used to have to pay to chat and now you do. I have lost my job and have no financial income coming in and this is when it's the crucial time that I need someone to chat with and you have to pay to chat. NUTS. I can pay a phychologist if I had the money. This is probably why I have not come back because I new that there would be a cost. You know God never decides to charge us for talking to him. Just think about that. If you are charging for people to talk, then you have lost your faith that God will meet all your needs(bills) in His time. I would like to stay here and chat was my most important thing, but if it's gonna cost me anything I don't think I will be coming back. I'll miss yall.

Dina Krasny

• Like 1

Dina!

Don't go. Regular postings, while a good deal slower than the chat rooms, are still available. Administrator put in the charge to defray the cost of operating the site, and then there's the cost of the lawsuit alleging the site violated copyright laws with some quotes some member of the site posted, probably in innocence and in good faith.

Welcome back, anyway.

WHAT! Things have changed. You didn't used to have to pay to chat and now you do. I have lost my job and have no financial income coming in and this is when it's the crucial time that I need someone to chat with and you have to pay to chat. NUTS. I can pay a phychologist if I had the money. This is probably why I have not come back because I new that there would be a cost. You know God never decides to charge us for talking to him. Just think about that. If you are charging for people to talk, then you have lost your faith that God will meet all your needs(bills) in His time. I would like to stay here and chat was my most important thing, but if it's gonna cost me anything I don't think I will be coming back. I'll miss yall.

Dina Krasny

Your entire whiney rant makes no sense at all. Admin charges for chat, therefore Admin doesn't believe in God? If God wanted him fed, then he'd feed him so there is not need to charge? Are you insane? When you take a job do you then refuse your paycheck because you're confident that God will feed and care for you?

Perhaps God doesn't want you to chat and that is why He's allowed you to fall into such a position that you can't afford a few dollars for the chat room? Or maybe, he simply wants you to stay out of the chat room and go outside where you are most likely to resolve your financial issues?

If you want to beg your online friends to buy your membership, show some self esteem and simply say, "I've fallen on hard times, can someone buy me a membership?" instead of trying to come up with some ridiculous religious based charade.

I wish the best for you, believe it or not, but sometimes enough is just enough.

Dwayne

Edited for typos. No contextual changes made.

Edited by DwayneEMTP
  • Like 2

Dang Dwayne, we are agreeing on a whole lot of things these days.

I'd like to bury the hatchet.

I to think that the argument that Dina makes is ludicrous and impossible to follow.

Your entire whiney rant makes no sense at all. Admin charges for chat, therefore Admin doesn't believe in God? If God wanted him fed, then he'd feed him so there is not need to charge? Are you insane? When you take a job do you then refuse your paycheck because you're confident that God will feed and care for you?

Perhaps God doesn't want you to chat and that is why He's allowed you to fall into such a position that you can't afford a few dollars for the chat room? Or maybe, he simply wants you to stay out of the chat room and go outside where you are most likely to resolve your financial issues?

If you want to beg your online friends to buy your membership, show some self esteem and simply say, "I've fallen on hard times, can someone buy me a membership?" instead of trying to come up with some ridiculous religious based charade.

I wish the best for you, believe it or not, but sometimes enough is just enough.

Dwayne

Edited for typos. No contextual changes made.

Well said... I couldn't believe what I was reading in the OP...

Nothing in life is free regardless if you believe in God.

Dang Dwayne, we are agreeing on a whole lot of things these days.

I'd like to bury the hatchet.

I to think that the argument that Dina makes is ludicrous and impossible to follow.

Shoot Mike, no hatchet to bury. Sometimes we just disagree.

Dwayne

When I was a child, there was a man who was in a wheelchair and had been since birth. He had severe cerebral palsy, and had difficulty speaking. He attended the same church I did, and I was always impressed with his optimistic outlook on life.

When I was in university, I came home one weekend and my sister invited me to supper. She and her husband had also invited this man for supper. We were discussing a neighbor who had declared bankrupcy, and had stated "God didn't want me to farm anymore." THis man said "God gave you a brain, so He expects you to use it."

That comment has always stayed with me, and reminds me that if I am in troubled times, I am responsible for figuring out a way out of it. I have been so poor I have lived on the street, and I survived.

I remember LFC from prior posts some time ago. LFC, I do not believe that administration charging for chat means he does not believe in God. It means he has to cover his costs. This site is a business - and no one works to lose money.

LFC, if you have financial troubles, there are agencies and community groups available to assist you. You have options. To blame someone else for something that is currently unavailable to you and using God as an excuse is just that - an excuse.

• Like 3

Last time I was in a church, for a religious service, they gave me an envelope on the way in and half way through, sent people around with long wooden poles that had baskets on the end. You lost me when you brought religion into a debate over whether an EMS Chat-room should be free or not.

I suggest a free social networking site.

• Like 2

When my brother-in-law was a baby, the church refused to baptise him since my mother-in-law didn't have $50. I guess god didn't want him baptised. Seriously though, what does the OP expect?

They always come back, never fails.

I remember all too well the insanity of LFC. Sometimes wish some people would stay gone, but then again we would not have any drama or fresh drama. Who is going to show up next...Vent????

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.