I got hurt on the job

Kaisu

I differ with Herbie1, take as needed, as necessary, and try to not get addicted to them. With all else, you don't need that as an additional problem.

...but here, I am in full agreement!

I think you misunderstand me here. I am saying that if someone is in pain, then waiting until it becomes unbearable is not proper pain management. Unless you are unconscious, rarely does an analgesic completely get rid of post op pain, or an injury. The idea is to make the pain manageable, not completely eliminate it.

Trust me- I am dealing with this issue now. I fell down the stairs nearly 2 weeks ago and as long as I am sitting immobile, the pain is essentially nonexistent now, but if I walk a bit, move the wrong way, or do anything else, it's pure agony. After the first day or 2, I only take the Vicodin, Alleve, and Flexeril, at night so I can sleep. During the day I tolerate the break through pain and take Alleve.

Xrays were negative, but I suspect I aggravated a bad disc I already have, tore a muscle, or damaged a nerve root. Waiting to hear from my doc if I'm going for a CT or MRI next.

Edited by HERBIE1

I'm flying home tomorrow and I will be filling my narc prescriptions for the flight. I have a problem sitting up for that length of time and those walks through the terminals will be challenging. I am hypotensive to begin with, and narcs only compound that problem. I did ok without them. I have a high pain tolerance. Pain doesn't intimidate me and certain things are supposed to hurt.

As far as becoming addicted.. won't happen. I hate the way narcs make me stupid.

Thank you for the responses. (and yeah... I didnt think that image would be up there long altho it wasn't racy in my opinion... no nips or anything)

I'm flying home tomorrow and I will be filling my narc prescriptions for the flight. I have a problem sitting up for that length of time and those walks through the terminals will be challenging. I am hypotensive to begin with, and narcs only compound that problem. I did ok without them. I have a high pain tolerance. Pain doesn't intimidate me and certain things are supposed to hurt.

As far as becoming addicted.. won't happen. I hate the way narcs make me stupid.

Thank you for the responses. (and yeah... I didnt think that image would be up there long altho it wasn't racy in my opinion... no nips or anything)

Swallow your pride(and a couple pills PRN) and ask for a wheelchair for the ride through the terminal- they are free. Depending on the airport, it could be a considerable walk from the gate, to baggage, to transportation.

Swallow your pride(and a couple pills PRN) and ask for a wheelchair for the ride through the terminal- they are free. Depending on the airport, it could be a considerable walk from the gate, to baggage, to transportation.

I second that... having had to fly multiple times after surgeries... take the wheelchair. It helps avoid the bumps of other passengers too and you get priority boarding so you can go on before everyone else and avoid the bumps again.

Sorry to hear that happened :( Feel better!

With idol sitting and not being able to work while you are recuperating, you should be mindful of a possibility of some depression as well. They never tell a person that, but a person that is otherwise always busy and always working can become very depressed in a short amount of time not being able to work.

IMHO, depression is much more a possibility in these cases than addiction.

Keep cheerful, it's only a few weeks of much needed rest. Harass some friends, start a new hobby, torture your significant other with sarcasm and practical jokes, whatever it takes to keep laughing. Hope you're better soon.

• Like 2

Before ER diagnosis of an inbleed (Right femoral artery aneurysm, secondary to a cardiac stent insertion) I was in intense pain, 11 of 10 (!), and the morphine injection had no effect.

Before ER diagnosis of an inbleed (Right femoral artery aneurysm, secondary to a cardiac stent insertion) I was in intense pain, 11 of 10 (!), and the morphine injection had no effect.

With idol sitting and not being able to work while you are recuperating, you should be mindful of a possibility of some depression as well. They never tell a person that, but a person that is otherwise always busy and always working can become very depressed in a short amount of time not being able to work.

IMHO, depression is much more a possibility in these cases than addiction.

Keep cheerful, it's only a few weeks of much needed rest. Harass some friends, start a new hobby, torture your significant other with sarcasm and practical jokes, whatever it takes to keep laughing. Hope you're better soon.

Excellent point. I've only been off work for 2 weeks and I'm already not a happy camper since I know it may be quite a bit longer, depending on the what the CT tomorrow shows.

When you're used to running around, busting your arse, being forced to sit still is NOT something you want to do.

oh man.. I hear you guys.. the worst thing I could hear is ... you are not fit to work. I work really hard at staying in shape and this thing just bit me in the ass outta left field.

Now I've got to deal with corporate crap about light duty, etc.. when all I want is to have them leave me alone till I can lift again. They are so concerned with covering their asses in terms of possible litigation when that horse has left the barn... the emergency surgery alone will cost this division a bundle.

The whole process is geared towards the lowest common denominator.. the person that is looking for a free ride. All I want to do is get well and go back to what I love to do... and the process is throwing roadblocks in my way. It would be infuriating if I let myself go down that path.

Not racy, but in the wrong section is all. Hint use the one with the bold RED Adult content may be located here!