Here he goes again

ERDoc

He needs to be retired....

Or get his a$$ kicked a couple of times. In today's society, he's lucky he hasn't tasted his own medicine yet. Or worse..........

Edited by flight-lp

If this is true (which I'm suspecting it is, but I refuse to deem guilty until proven so as I haven't read everything about the situation), then this guy not only needs to be fired (not retired sorry AK he should pay for his irresponsible actions TWICE !). Had he requested retirement (if he was eligible for early retirement) it should have been granted. Once is a poor error in judgement and maybe just a bad day. Twice is inexcusable. If he is placed back on the streets after that they are releasing a loaded gun on the street set to go off at the smallest thing at any time. That thought terrifies me. I will NOT be visiting OK anytime in the near future that's for sure ! It is irresponsible for them to allow this trooper to continue in this manner. He should have been referred for anger management classes previously - if they did obviously they didn't take. Either take him off the road and put him in a non direct contact position ie driving a desk or else let him go. Anything else would be stupidity. :wtf2:

• Like 1

Firefly, if I remember from the original incident with the paramedic, he has issues with anger/behavior at another department (though I could be wrong). So this could be his 3rd incident. With the union, this guy will be told to attended 1 day of anger management classes, only stay for 15 minutes and still have a job.

Edited by ERDoc

A case like this reinforces the need for investigation of any and all allegations of Police misconduct to be done by an outside agency, rather than internal. I am a big proponent of the Special Investigations Unit (SIU) that operates under the Ontario Ministry of Justice. This civilian agency automatically investigates any case of injury or death involving Police as well as any complaints received. By having any possible case receive automatic review transparency and accountability are maintained, furthermore the public can be put at ease. The vast majority of SIU cases find no wrong-doing (either criminally or under the Police Services Act) which allows the public to have faith in their Police Services without the appearance of a white wash. Look at the RCMP lately and their refusal to be transparent and how awful the force is coming off as a result.

Here EMS complaints investigated by the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care's Emergency Health Services Investigation Branch in addition to the usual Service CQI and chart audit's by Medical Direction.

When we allow any service that requires the public's trust in their most vulnerable times (PD, or EMS or Fire) to investigate themselves we create a recipe for disaster. The Chief/Management of these services have conflicting obligation. They want (or should want) to thoroughly investigate for the sake of the public, but they want to do so in a way that won't damage their service or otherwise make their own job difficult. How then can a frank and honest investigation really be expected?

• Like 2

In a Utopian world, any and all agencies would cooperate fully with an outside agency investigating them.

However...

In a Utopian world, there would not be any deed needing such investigations.

Fire him? Perhaps, with loss of any benefits.

I feel certain that the lawyers for both the paramedic, and the newly mentioned assault victim, no matter what the legal outcome of any lawsuits against the LEO, are probably already forming up civil cases, with large dollar signs envisioned as both court awards, and their paycheck.

Bernard Goetz, the "Subway Vigilante Gunman" who shot 4 men he felt were going to try and rob him, was convicted of the shooting, served time, and then was "hit" with the civil suit, which now has a quarter of any earnings he makes, goes to the worst of the injured of the quartet. If Bernie wins the New York State Lottery, say One Million Dollars, $250,000 goes to that victim.

Did I mention that the worst hurt admitted in court that the quartet WAS planning on robbing someone?

Or get his a$$ kicked a couple of times. In today's society, he's lucky he hasn't tasted his own medicine yet. Or worse..........

Just as I stated back in May after the incident with Paramedic White.

This trooper needs to be taken out behind the woodshed and neutered. Then they should put his arse on the unemployment line.

He is a disgrace to the law enforcement community.

I wonder if there is any dash cam footage of this latest event?

Well said docharris, richard, island. This guy.. IS a disgrace. He is giving all LEO a bad name. I know lots of cops, who are no where near like this donkey. They are good people, and good cops. But, you never read/hear about the good stuff cops do. You only hear the bad, and therefor, you hear people bashing them all the time. Regardless of the crime committed, even if there was even done, there is no reason for such force to be used. Typical little man syndrome.