High Court Rules for White Firefighters in Discrimination Suit

paramedicmike

spoken like a true white person. You can not leave the projects if you have no credit, if white banks will not loan you money, you can not buy a car, a house, or a college education. The statistics from the department of labor show that blacks (hispanics and women) make less than their white counterparts at the same job. That is if we can get out of prison long enough to get a job. Blacks are 7 times more likely to be in prison than whites, even though we only make up 17% of the population, but there is no racism there.

http://www.racialdisparity.org/images/demo...hs/table_03.pdf

Crotchity, amazing, you spent one thread thanking those who did not make attacks or negative statements in their threads to you but then you come back with the zinger that is the first 6 words on your post above.

Talk about hypocritical.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised to see how far off topic this has gotten but I enjoyed reading everyone's opinion. Most of the posters have a drawn out explanation of their side of the story and this issue. Forgive me if someone has already stated this but...

I agree with the Supreme court's decision about discrimination against the white firemen. It is not the fault of the "white" firemen the outcome of the test. I assume that the test wasn't the only thing that is used to promote firemen.

Bottom line.. I consider myself color blind. I have black friends, brown friends, yellow friends, pale friends, etc. Judging a person by the color of their skin and not by their character really reflects your own character.

I know we've all had some hardships growing up, I believe everyone did but did you learn from it? Did you grow as a person from it? Are you still bitter about it or grateful for the experience to grow, learn, adapt, and mature? Terrible things have happened to me, I've made some horrible decisions that I live with daily but I feel that my attitude and my ability to learn from them, grow as a person, and strive to be a "good person" allows me to grow as a person, a provider, and as a human being. I'm proud of that.

I think that most of you share this attitude and probably think like me - you are well beyond what you picture yourself being when you were on dire straights.

medic_texas, that is the best post I have seen in a very long time.

And Ruff, I agree with you too... it is difficult to accept commentary from someone who provides such gross generalizations which are directed at all the readers of this site.

This is effing hilarious. It's so simple.

Whitey MADE Shaniqua have unprotected sex and get knocked up at 16.

Whitey MADE Shaniqua do the same thing with 3 or 4 other guys over the next few years.

Whitey MADE Shaniqua's baby daddy do the same thing with 3 or 4 other girls.

Whitey MADE Shaniqua a piss-poor mother who takes the little brats to McDonald's for dinner every 1st and 15th of the month, instead of keeping them home to do their homework (assuming she even has enough control over them to make them go to school).

Whitey MADE Shaniqua's baby daddy #1 get thrown in jail for knocking over the liquor store, MADE babby daddy #2 get his head blown off in a drug rip (he was only 6 baggies away from upgrading his 20" chrome rims to the 22" spinners), and MADE babby daddy #3 get stabbed outside of "da club" fighting with some other jagoff over baby momma #2 (they both ended up in jail, in case you were wondering, because babby daddy #3 had a warrant).

Whitey MADE Shaniqua's #1 spawn, Tyreese, spend more of his high school career ditching class, smoking weed and chasing other little Shaniquas (quite possibly creating a few Tyreeses and/or Shaniquas of his own) than he did reading books, learning English, or generally applying himself.

Given all that, it's CLEARLY Whitey's fault that years later, Tyreese can't pass the fire department test.

Edited by CBEMT

This is effing hilarious. It's so simple.

Whitey MADE Shaniqua have unprotected sex and get knocked up at 16.

Whitey MADE Shaniqua do the same thing with 3 or 4 other guys over the next few years.

Whitey MADE Shaniqua's baby daddy do the same thing with 3 or 4 other girls.

Whitey MADE Shaniqua a piss-poor mother who takes the little brats to McDonald's for dinner every 1st and 15th of the month, instead of keeping them home to do their homework (assuming she even has enough control over them to make them go to school).

Whitey MADE Shaniqua's baby daddy #1 get thrown in jail for knocking over the liquor store, MADE babby daddy #2 get his head blown off in a drug rip (he was only 6 baggies away from upgrading his 20" chrome rims to the 22" spinners), and MADE babby daddy #3 get stabbed outside of "da club" fighting with some other jagoff over baby momma #2 (they both ended up in jail, in case you were wondering, because babby daddy #3 had a warrant).

Whitey MADE Shaniqua's #1 spawn, Tyreese, spend more of his high school career ditching class, smoking weed and chasing other little Shaniquas (quite possibly creating a few Tyreeses and/or Shaniquas of his own) than he did reading books, learning English, or generally applying himself.

Given all that, it's CLEARLY Whitey's fault that years later, Tyreese can't pass the fire department test.

MY GAWD CB, that's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO racist, spoken like a true hood wearing whitey.

MY GAWD CB, that's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO racist, spoken like a true hood wearing whitey.

At first I read this article and thought "Hmmm, good, a decision showing racism in any form won't be tolerated." Then I go and read comments like CB's, and whoever it was who basically said "Yeah, there's black firefighters because of the games they played, etc. etc." Hmmm, now why could minorities possibly feel discriminated against when attitudes like that abound? Gee, I wonder.

Then on the other side of the equation, you have crochitymedic doing his blame the man routine. I read "Its because of the white owned banks" and all I can think is "Well, at least he didn't say Jew owned banks..." But you know what, its just as bad. At the end of the day, the only person you can blame for the position you are in is yourself. Anyway, this entire thread has really turned my stomach.

I've got to agree with asys. I haven't been around in a while and nothing has changed. You control your destiny. Don't like where you are at, shut up and do something about it.

I've got to agree with asys. I haven't been around in a while and nothing has changed. You control your destiny. Don't like where you are at, shut up and do something about it.

Much easier said than done, doc. Clearly some people will always have a major chip on their shoulder that NOBODY will be able to knock off.

In an old ER I worked at, one of our favorite gags was the "pity pot". We would present a bed pan to someone who did nothing but whine about how they have been wronged by everything and everyone, and nothing was ever their fault.

My response of "typical white answer" is not an insult, it is just the truth, as it is hard to be truly empathetic if you have not walked a mile in the other person's moccasins (another race the white man destroyed). It reminds me of the famous quote of a certain leader who said "let them eat cake", when she was told the peasants had no bread. She had no idea of the damage she had done, and had no knowledge of what it was to be the underclass. Much like the John Kerrys who get $1000 hair cuts.

I really shouldnt not have to type more after CBs response, which is the most sterotypical racist statements I have heard since All in the Family went off the air. The closet racist does as much harm, if not more harm than the proud KKK member.

CNN is about to air "black in america part 2" in the next few weeks, I would encourage you to watch it, and to watch black in america part 1 on the web.

So, to wrap it up, apparently crochity thinks it's perfectly acceptable to throw out a legitimate and fair promotional exam that was written as race neutral, simply because the results are not PC. There is no possibility that those(that means ANYONE) who did not pass the exam simply did not prepare well enough. It HAS to be racism.

Your opinions of anyone who dares to question something that is less than flattering to a minority is almost McCarthy-esque. Everyone is a racist if they do not agree with your ideas. That's damn scary.