High Court Rules for White Firefighters in Discrimination Suit

paramedicmike

er doc, scroll back a few pages and read some of my links or google "blacks and SAT test or standardized tests". If I had you a test written in chinese, could you pass it ? To pass a written test you have to have a good understanding of the language and grammer that is used. Blacks were not allowed into the real education system until the 60s. Fire is fire.

And before you all jump on the "blacks were wrong, whites were right bandwagon, you might want to read some of the history of this Fire Department

http://www.slate.com/id/2221250/entry/2221298/

No, I wouldn't be able to pass a test written in Chinese. I can pass a test written in English, as should anyone else who has grown up in an English speaking country. The 60's were almost half a century ago. What is the excuse of the generations that have had the opportunity to become educated but have chosen not to? Fine, blacks don't score as high on SATs. Big friggin deal. You don't need an Ivy League education to be successful. Maybe they won't get into Princeton or Harvard but they will have to opportunity to take part in higher education if they chose to. There are too many excuses and not enough people trying to change (and that goes for white people that live off the system too).

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I wouldn't be able to pass a test written in Chinese. I can pass a test written in English, as should anyone else who has grown up in an English speaking country. The 60's were almost half a century ago. What is the excuse of the generations that have had the opportunity to become educated but have chosen not to? Fine, blacks don't score as high on SATs. Big friggin deal. You don't need an Ivy League education to be successful. Maybe they won't get into Princeton or Harvard but they will have to opportunity to take part in higher education if they chose to. There are too many excuses and not enough people trying to change (and that goes for white people that live off the system too).

With my educational 'prowess', I wouldn't even be allowed onto the campuses of any Ivy League school, let alone be allowed to attend classes! Does this mean I can sit back and cry how the whole world now owes me?

With my educational 'prowess', I wouldn't even be allowed onto the campuses of any Ivy League school, let alone be allowed to attend classes! Does this mean I can sit back and cry how the whole world now owes me?

LOL

Good luck with that, Lone Star. Let me know how it works out for you.

LOL

Good luck with that, Lone Star. Let me know how it works out for you.

I'll probably have as much luck with that as I seem to be having with crotchity answering my direct question!!! :P:lol::lol::lol:

anyone can be a racist, but it does not matter if you are not in power -- only whites have the ability to enforce their racist views through racist policies. If you dont think racism is alive and well ---- go to craigslist.com, click on your city, click on "rants and raves", then type the "n" word in the search box --- see what pops up ?

And not everyone is exposed to the same education because they went to school -- schools differ wildly from city to city and state to state. And yes, genetics and family history do have a role in how educated you are --- this is why poor families keep getting poorer and rich families keep getting richer. It is why adopted kids can do better, because of the change of family.

anyone can be a racist, but it does not matter if you are not in power -- only whites have the ability to enforce their racist views through racist policies. If you dont think racism is alive and well ---- go to craigslist.com, click on your city, click on "rants and raves", then type the "n" word in the search box --- see what pops up ?

And not everyone is exposed to the same education because they went to school -- schools differ wildly from city to city and state to state. And yes, genetics and family history do have a role in how educated you are --- this is why poor families keep getting poorer and rich families keep getting richer. It is why adopted kids can do better, because of the change of family.

If genetics played a part in 'edcuational evolution', then we'd be tripping over the accomplishments of many of the following names: Carver, Curie, DuBois, Edison, Einstein, Hale, Marconi, Saulk, Tesla, Washington , et al.

Following the same train of thought, if genetics DID play a part in 'educational evolution', none of these people would have been able to do what they did with the educational opportunities available at the time!

As far as only whites being racist, why is it that when a 'white only' group/organization/club is formed, it's a 'racist entity', but there can be NAACP, BET, United Negro College Fund, Black Chamber of Commerce, Black Mayor's Coalition, National Conference of Black Mayors, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, National Black Business Trade Association, Black Business Owners Association (to name a few).

Since you throw out a reference to the infamous 'n-word', why is it that blacks are allowed to use that word (it doesn't change the context or meaning of it), but when a white person uses it, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan call for their heads?

We've even invented 'syndromes' to excuse behaviors that have no social redeeming value. I direct your attention to the 'Angry Young Black Male Syndrome'. Why can't we have a 'Pissed Off Middle Age White Man Syndrome' to use as a justifiable excuse to act like a thug?

Whites aren't allowed to use 'disparaging references' about any minority group, but yet we have to endure such wonderful terms as 'honkey', 'cracker', 'casper', etc., and nobody jumps up and defends US....

When's the last time you saw the ACLU fire up the discrimination bandwagon because a white was passed over for getting hired, housing, etc. Don't fool yourself into thinking that it doesn't happen! If you notice, in the article that started this thread, there's been NO mention of the ACLU getting involved. I guess that whites can't have their civil liberties violated, and if they can, it's not important enough for the American Civil Liberties Union to get involved....is this because the complaintants in this case are WHITE?

Why is it, that when people like David Duke spouts his anti-black rhetoric, he's destroyed politically, and crucified in the media; while people like Louis Farrakhan can spout their hateful, deplorable rhetoric and people CHEER for him? HATE IS HATE no matter the color of the skin spouting it!

FAIL.

You are still talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Racist policies. What do you think Affirmative Action is, a racist policy that discriminates against non-minorities. And on that subject, how do you get to be a minority in areas like where I live where blacks outnumber whites or hispanics?

Anyone can be a racist. However only white racist are open to persecution.

Blacks discriminate against Koreans, Hispanics, Whites, and Yes even other blacks, especially those who have dark dark skin tones or light skin tones.

Admit it, you are full of sheite and are enjoying this speil of "Cracker" baiting.

Blow it out your butt Crotch cricket, you are an idiot.

I have a son that is half black, so does that make me a half racist?

Thank God he is able to see that people are people, and that noone is better than the other unless the other one chooses to be a piece of crap.

Get Deez.

could give a long winded answer, but the short answer is "thats the price you (whites) pay for breaking the window". I know it wasnt you personally, or anyone in this room, but a price must be paid for what you did to the american indian and blacks. I am sorry your forefathers kept passing the buck, it should have been settled in the last century.

could give a long winded answer, but the short answer is "thats the price you (whites) pay for breaking the window". I know it wasnt you personally, or anyone in this room, but a price must be paid for what you did to the american indian and blacks. I am sorry your forefathers kept passing the buck, it should have been settled in the last century.

And there you have it. This is all about payback. Couch all this in racist accusations, and the inevitable invocation of slavery, but in the end, this is about settling a score. That tactic is working out well so far, isn't it?

I would just love to know when that score will be even- if ever. I'm sick of being expected to apologize for something I never did, and having to pay for something none of my ancestors were even responsible for since they were too busy being indentured servants at the time.

If I had you a test written in chinese, could you pass it ? To pass a written test you have to have a good understanding of the language and grammer that is used. Blacks were not allowed into the real education system until the 60s. Fire is fire.

FAIL!

The test in question was written in ENGLISH. Everyone that took that test was expected to have at least a working understanding of ENGLISH. Testing in a foreign language shouldn't even be a factor. Here in America, we speak english, if you're an immigrant, it is incumbent upon you to assimilate to your host nation, which means that in order to 'become a useful part of society', you must speak english.

There is nothing wrong with keeping the traditions/customs/language of your 'homeland' alive; it's part of your heritage. But to sit back and expect that we will cater to your speciffic needs at the expense of our own is ludicrous at best!

We as Americans have been pushed around, and been forced to cater to the demands of the immigrants (at the expense of our own ideals and identities) for far too long! As far as I'm concerned, you have only two choices at this point: either 'fit in' with the rest of us or LEAVE!

*edited content below*

No, I am in my 40s

With you being in your 40's, you've been 'allowed' to access the educational system long enough to make your 'points' moot. In 1954, (at least 6 years before you were born), Brown v. Board of Education desegregated the schools, which means that blacks were exposed to the same educational opportunities as whites. To sit back and lament that 'we can't speak whitey's version of english' is also a moot point!

Even in the 54 years that followed, we should expect to start seeing more blacks showing signs of better education. With that said, it further strengthens the contention that it's not a matter of not being exposed to the same educational opportunities, but a lack of effort on the part of the student that can't read, write or speak proper english! Whites arent cheating blacks out of an education, blacks are cheating blacks out of taking advantage of the educational opportunities available to them!

Edited by Lone Star