Lawsuits and more drama for your momma....

akflightmedic

Well your mission is accomplished, the message did finally make it's way to the intended recipient.

Now I shall display this "shocking" drama session. Actually it is quite funny and I can not await to see the outcome.

To give a short brief so all may enjoy, hey I figure everyone needs some comic relief every now and again, here you go.

If someone were to alter a news story to where they were the victim and create this huge dramatic story (not that this would ever happen here), the same individuals think it is illegal to call the original source (the newspaper) and fact check.

So I called a newspaper and was informed that the story was indeed bogus. Seems like all public record to me, no laws violated. I even gave my real name and email address which the newspaper surprisingly supplied to the fecal matter artist, whomever that person may be.

I then printed my results. Case closed..or is it?

It seems certain individuals now think they can sue me (for what I do not know) along with this website for "damages". I find it very amusing because there is/was nothing done wrong. A phone call was made with no false pretenses and no aliases.

I am sorry that you were caught in a major lie and are very embarrassed now, but that is not my problem. I am sorry you thought I was Afghani and not an American, but my name and history on this website should of been your first clue; but I should not be surprised because most of the chat room trouble makers never venture into the forums as it can be a bit too cerebral.

Anyways, my ISP and IP address are all American, ask any mod, that can be verified because we are routed through an AMERICAN server. I am easy to find, just ask me and I will tell you where and how you can reach me. Actually a quick Google search will reveal me in several places (pictures too) and any government agency search will most certainly produce results.

Having said that, I implore you to continue with your "lawsuit". No reputable attorney will touch you without money up front as there is no masive claim to be made off of this one. Any attorney you do acquire will be shredded to bits and laughed out of the practice.

The day you can sue someone for calling a public newspaper and confirming the facts is the day I will leave this country.

Good Luck!

Get a Life!

Get some help!!

Get some Help!!

No really, you need some help.

AK out...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean after scamming us they are threatening to sue still? I should sue for emotional distress they caused me. I was actually concerned and dropped my tough outer shell allowing my self to be vulnerable. I think I shall contact my attorneys Dewey, Screwem, and Howe.

Problem is that you are dealing with someone who is delussional and irrational, so there is no telling what is going on in their mind. And dont bet that some lawyer wont take a swing just to see if they can scare you into a small settlement. Hopefully, you have the power to make a transcript of everything these two persons have said in forums, AND CHAT ROOMS. Maybe you can find something embarassing on them to swing back with, like them admitting to an affair, trying to have an affair, or some other sorted thing that they didnt think you had access to (maybe a comment about their employer, or something racist).

P.S. Dont assume they cant win, and act accordingly (I dont think they will, but you never know in today's society).

First off, there is no 'criminal act' in calling a newspaper reporter.

Second, when you try to get your name published in a PUBLIC FORUM, you can pretty much kiss any 'expectation of privacy' good bye!

Thirdly, common sense would dictate that you don't go after the person that asked the 'right questions', but the person that divulged the 'right answers', if you want a 'secret' kept.

There are no laws that I can think of that prohibit the seeking, verifying and/or authentication of information recieved. In fact, it is the 'intelligent person' that does so.

Further, the act of trying to change the names of the individuals involved in the accident, to elicit sympathy could be viewed as an attempt (however unsuccessful it may be) to commit fraud.

It wasn't just this instance where emotional reaction was sought, either. Nearly every instance where the victim in question entered the "chat room".. There was some medical malady that needed attention, or personal issue that needed everyone's attention.. or there was more drama in making sure every possible bit of sympathy was squeezed out of each user.

So, it's not like this was the first time this happened, it's just the only one that someone went to such outlandish lengths to try and force an outright lie down our throats.

I am sitting here, wondering exactly what "damages" this person could possibly try to sue akflightmedic for.

The way I understand it, this person (let's call them person X) took a real newspaper article, and altered it so that they looked like the victim in the article.

They also contacted another member of this website (let's call them person Y) under false pretenses (pretending to be the mother of person X), informing them of the accident, and that person X was in hospital in very serious condition.

Person Y, not knowing that this was indeed a scam, started a thread so that other members of the site would be aware of the accident and be able to voice their concerns and their prayers.

Then, in order to clarify and get further information on the accident, akflightmedic did some internet research, and also called the newspaper to confirm the story.

At that time akflightmedic was informed that the information provided to Person Y was indeed false, and that Person X had also contacted the newspaper to try to cover their tracks.

Akflightmedic informed members of this site that the original information provided to Person Y had indeed been false.

When I look at that, I see several things:

- Person Y was lied to, and posted information thinking it was true, through no fault of their own. Person X was the perpetrator of this lie.

- akflightmedic was confirming public information by contacting the newspaper, and relayed that public information to the rest of the members on this site, correcting the false information provided earlier.

The only damages I see here are:

- the damages to Person Y, who was used as a pawn in the lie that Person X started

- the damages to members of this site, who tend to be concerned about people in their community and profession, who were led to believe that Person X was seriously injured, when that is in fact not true

- the damages to akflightmedic, who has been threatened with legal action because he determined the original information was false.

I do not see Person X being able to sue for any damages. The only damage I see to Person X is the damage to their reputation, which was caused by their own actions, not those of others on this site. It will be a very sad day if a lawyer actually takes this case on, and tries to pursue it. Person X appears to have wanted attention, and the attention received was not the kind that they wanted, so now they are threatening legal action in an effort to show that they are the victim, when that is not the case.

Sometimes there are consequences to actions, and in this case, the consequences are the ruination of Person X's reputation at this site, due to their own actions. They showed themselves to be lying and manipulative, and when they were caught in the lie, have gone on the attack rather than do the mature thing and apologize to those that they lied to.

AK, keep us informed on how this goes. We may have to set up an "AK legal expense fund" if this truly goes ahead....