14 Day EMT B class

Arkymedic

This courses sounds similar to our non emergency transport drivers here in Australia.

14 days to work on an emergency ambulance is less than desirable. The words “Boot Camp” really would turn me off from doing that course lol.

Oh well, what ever floats there boat I guess.

I have no problems with any accelerated program. Ultimately, what makes you good at your job is the experience, not your schooling. In my opinion, there is too much classroom time in the U.S. education system and not enough hands-on experience. It should be the other way around. If it were up to me, most of your education would take place in the field...and classroom time would be simply follow-ups so that everything would make sense.

I have no problems with any accelerated program. Ultimately, what makes you good at your job is the experience, not your schooling. In my opinion, there is too much classroom time in the U.S. education system and not enough hands-on experience. It should be the other way around. If it were up to me, most of your education would take place in the field...and classroom time would be simply follow-ups so that everything would make sense.

I guess all we can do is... laugh?

I am not a fan of "fast tracks" as its called here. I also believe hands on and classroom should be about equal, You should "do" or "demonstrate" what you learned in class..

I agree that there should be more hands on learning... but that should not take away from classroom. What good are the things you do if you do not know why you do them or how one action effects another?

For instance... if you have a patient who is simply enough hyperventilating. Sure you can get them to relax and slow their breathing. But there are more warning signs than rapid breathing... why are there fingers contracting? How does hyperventilation affect the body as a whole? What measures may be needed if this progresses?

This courses sounds similar to our non emergency transport drivers here in Australia.

14 days to work on an emergency ambulance is less than desirable. The words “Boot Camp” really would turn me off from doing that course lol.

Oh well, what ever floats there boat I guess.

Dude, our corporate and clinical inductions into the service and the student program took 14 days :?

I really love the way the "thats the way weve always done it" and "its experience not book learning" BS. Still cant figure out why you guys dont look outside your own boarders. What seems to be acceptable for you guys would be wholly inadequate in many other 1st world countries.