If you could work anywhere, where would it be?

akroeze

Why may I ask? I am in Tac and just wondering.

Just heard good things about them from many different sources. Very progressive system, in depth training way in excess of the minimum standard (3,000 hours), aggressive protocols, integration with the public (PAD), up there with the best of them at the forefront of EMS research etc.

Shame they are part of an FD, but you can't have it all.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First choice would be Seattle/King County medic one - I know they had (and may still have) the highest cardiac arrest survival rate in the nation, must be doing something right.

Then you my friend will want to work here They are in 1st place for now.

I mean, who can say no to riding in the footsteps of Johnny and Roy?

I can.......................NO !

:D

ft. worth tx - its a much better place than what i have now

LOL! Have you seen their pay? And their uniforms? Ugh! The city is a great place to work, with great hospitals and an excellent call volume and lots of variety. Good medicine practised there too. Not load and go firemonkey-style like Dallas, next door. But they simply don't pay enough to make it worth your while. And with 12 hour mobile shifts, and transfers being half or more of your call volume, you burn out quick.

First choice would be Seattle/King County medic one - I know they had (and may still have) the highest cardiac arrest survival rate in the nation, must be doing something right.

Cooking the books is the only thing they are doing right. Their cardiac arrest save rate is no better than anyone else. They just only count witnessed arrests in shockable rhythms. If everyone did their statistics that way, Seattle would look like just any other system. And it's tiered, which means automatic suckage.

Second choice would be Las Vegas - America's playground should bring some interesting calls.

I was SO tempted to move there back in the late 80s. The companies have changed since then, but it's still all privates, with the usual low (lower than most) pay. And the cost of living has gone way up in Vegas in the last twenty years, so I don't know how those guys get by. Sure is a cool place though! If I were independently rich, and just working for fun, I'd go there.

LOL! Have you seen their pay? And their uniforms? Ugh! The city is a great place to work, with great hospitals and an excellent call volume and lots of variety. Good medicine practised there too. Not load and go firemonkey-style like Dallas, next door. But they simply don't pay enough to make it worth your while. And with 12 hour mobile shifts, and transfers being half or more of your call volume, you burn out quick.

Cooking the books is the only thing they are doing right. Their cardiac arrest save rate is no better than anyone else. They just only count witnessed arrests in shockable rhythms. If everyone did their statistics that way, Seattle would look like just any other system. And it's tiered, which means automatic suckage.

I was SO tempted to move there back in the late 80s. The companies have changed since then, but it's still all privates, with the usual low (lower than most) pay. And the cost of living has gone way up in Vegas in the last twenty years, so I don't know how those guys get by. Sure is a cool place though! If I were independently rich, and just working for fun, I'd go there.

I'm very interested to see where you would pick Dust

I'm very interested to see where you would pick Dust

Where I last was. Iraq.

Maybe Central or South America. Maybe Mexico.

I don't really wanna work for anyone. I don't know anyone that does it right. I want to set up my own system.

i have been there to the building and talked with people and seen what i would be getting paid ....20cets less than i am now i can live with that, i can live with the 12 hr day, as it stand right now 70% of my weekly call volume is transports (interfacility and garbage) i can deal with it. anything is better than pa right now! hell i even considerd the 3 lettered monster in arlington.

afib, check out Beaumont EMS. no transfers at all. 3rd service

Good choice. First class. There are better paying places, but the men running Beaumont are good people who'll treat you right.

Good choice. First class. There are better paying places, but the men running Beaumont are good people who'll treat you right.

If you are interested in that area of TX, I once looked into the system in Tyler about fifteen years ago. It seemed like a great place to be back then. Don't know about now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.