Down but not out

:lol: Well, test anxiety got me. Academically I did just fine, a 91.5% average. However...on one of my final trauma scenarios, I put the pt in a collar but forgot to have someone maintain cspine. DUH, Beth! Then the other one, I didn't miss anything critical, but I got to a point where my brain quit. I couldn't finish it. Both the instructor and I agreed that I need to take the class again, that I am not quite where I need to be to take the state boards and go out into the field.

SO I'm going to take EMT-Basic again in November (and be all the better for it, I'm sure!). I was disappointed in myself a little, til I remembered that this is NOT an easy course, and there's nothing wrong with needing more practice!

I did have fun though! :D

I know what you mean about being dissapointed in yourself. I just started EMT-B class in Sept. we had our first exam and failed the test by just a few. I thought I aced it, oh well. this class is alot tougher then I thought. But a great experience!!!! Good luck with going thru the class again. I am sure you will ace it!!!!

:)

I'm very impressed by your positive attitude, Beth. I'm sure you'll do just fine this time 'round. Good for you for keeping your chin up.

SARgal

I know what you mean about being dissapointed in yourself. I just started EMT-B class in Sept. we had our first exam and failed the test by just a few. I thought I aced it, oh well. this class is alot tougher then I thought. But a great experience!!!! Good luck with going thru the class again. I am sure you will ace it!!!!

:)

If you ever need help don't feel bad please ask. Here to help :P

I'm very impressed by your positive attitude, Beth.

Me too! Determination and commitment are what it's all about! I dunno if I agree that you ought to repeat the whole class. I wasn't there to be the judge of that. But I do agree wholeheartedly with you that there is absolutely nothing wrong with needing more practice, and that this is a great way to get it. I was not ashamed to retake the entire EMT course, even after three decades of practice, after I had been out for a few years. There is nobody out here who could not benefit from such a review. And with the experience you have gained this time, you don't have to spend this next time learning everything for the first time. Instead of just memorising a lot of facts, like last time, this time you can focus your efforts on trying to put all those facts together in the big picture, which is the key to understanding the use of your skills. By the end of this class, you will be like a skills instructor yourself! Take any opportunity to help your fellow students because, by teaching, you learn!

Best of luck!

Sometimes the best learning experiance, is by making an simple error. Don't think of this as a mistake but a very valuable lesson, I bet you will never forget C spine again....a very good attitude, Beth.

cheers