What career if not EMS?

BEorP

Simple answer! If it weren't EMS, I would simply marry a rich old guy who has heart problems. Once his will stated that I got everything, I would take him for a really really really long walk...he was tragically die, I would be rich, and would marry the love of my life. Ch, who would need a career after that??? :D:D:D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple answer! If it weren't EMS, I would simply marry a rich old guy who has heart problems. Once his will stated that I got everything, I would take him for a really really really long walk...he was tragically die, I would be rich, and would marry the love of my life. Ch, who would need a career after that??? :D:D:D

Why take him for a walk. Give him a couple of those special pills then give him a night worth dieing for. You'll be rich and he'll have died happy, win-win. :wink:

• 9 months later...
Ya know why there are so many well paying jobs for network geeks?

Because nobody volunteers to do it for free.

Ya know why there are so few well paying jobs for Paramedics?

Think about it.

I sort of took everyone's advice. A couple of months ago I started part-time with a local private ambulance service. The logic many of you have presented here make sense to me, filling VFD slot only perpetuates the problems facing EMS as a profession. Since starting, I've had the pleasure of working with some good paramedics and basics who were willing to have patience and take their time to show me the ropes, I've also worked with a couple of yahoo's who have shown me how NOT to operate. I've found I learn something new each day, but that isn't difficult since I already knew I didn't know sh*t about sh*t when I passed my basic. Still working on finishing my BS degree, working my full-time job and lurking on the forums here to see what wisdom gets shared on a daily basis and hitting the CE circuit as much as time allows. So much more to learn, so little time...

I'm thinking about medic school next year, but if I do it, it sounds like the way to go is the degreed route through the community college. (Isn't that a step backwards, finish BS degree to get a second AS degree? :lol: )

Cool thread, if I did not get into medicine, I would have gone into either music, language studies, or working in one of the family businesses. To be quite honest, being a paramedic and a nurse (yep, I am going for nursing school soon) was the last thing on my mind when trying to figure out what I wanted for a career. It has only taken 5 college switches to figure this out, and two more (or maybe three) switches, before I finish all the degrees I want !

We could be sanitation workers and get peoples garbage, thats great money here.

Or in PA be a turnpike tool booth worker, there salary is ridiculous and great benefits.

Let's see. Growing up I was "Fourth Generation Oil Field Trash". Was heavy into FFA and raising horses, love(d) animals. Would've considered something behind the scenes in the music industry. Always had an interest in history, Egyptology or Archaeologist. Oceanography seemed cool.

I have NO idea.

Now that I think about it, I would have gone off to college, partied my ass off, flunked out, worked some crappy jobs, gone back to college, and then do something worthwhile.

I second that Mateo! :lol:/

....but actually from the time I was in about 4th grade I wanted to become a famous actress.....I took acting classes, did speech and drama through highschool but then had a child at a young age and figured my chances at that were pretty slim to none. So I worked as an executive assistant while going to school for office administration and realized that I really didn't want to do that.....I didn't feel like I ever had to use my brain and I finally (at age 19 or so....lol) wanted to use it! I started a family, went to EMT school, continued to do some small theater, and here I am. Still doing EMS. I will definitely be going to go to paramedic school as I have found you don't have to use your brain much as a basic either :roll:

Unless I somehow get my big shot into Hollywood!! Do you think there is still a chance???!!!! [-o< LMAO!!!!!

Now that I think about it, I would have gone off to college, partied my ass off, flunked out, worked some crappy jobs, gone back to college, and then do something worthwhile.

Been there. Done that. Bought the t-shirt and the student loans to go with it. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.