Supernatural happenings

What was the strangest thing that you could not explain that happened to you or one of your patient's while taking care of them?

I know many of you have stories.

I'll go first

Had a young woman in full liver failure. She was orange in color and she was still conscious. She asked me what I thought it would be like to die. I told her I didn't know but I hoped it wouldn't be painful. She then asked me if I thought I would go to heaven. I told her that I believed that I would. She asked me if I thought she would go to heaven and I told her I wasn't able to answer that question.

She then told me "I am going to heaven and I know it" and I asked her how she knew that and she told me something that I will never ever forget. She told me "I know I am because that man over there told me so" I asked what man and she said the man sitting on the end of the bench. I asked her what he looked like and she said "he looks just like the jesus on the windows of my church"

Well to tell you I was pretty well affected by that statement. She then went on to say "And he says that you are going to go to heaven too"

We then prayed and I will never forget that interaction between the two of us. About a week later she passed away and I hope she made it to heaven.

I think I will take that day and the way it made me feel to my grave. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satan once chased my ambulance. At least, so said the schizo patient I had in the back with me. He'd run after it, jump on top, drop through the ceiling and into the back, then fall out the back doors and run after us again.

Apparently he (Satan) did this several times. You'd have thought he'd have learned after the first couple of attempts that he just wasn't going to stay inside.

Satan's such a loser.

-be safe

I've had a number of patients, Emotionally Disturbed Patients all, try to tell me that they were the reincarnation of Jesus of Nazareth, calling on God to strike the NYPD Officers in attendance, as well as my partner and myself, down.

However, I used to dabble in seances, and, ONLY on request, I will send you an E-mail with the attachment of the story. If you ask for it, put EMT City into the subject line.

Richard B, the EMT (known on the CB Radio as "the Witchdoctor")

RCBtheEMT@aol.com

Two things really, First I had a homeless guy call me by first and last name as I was walking to the bank machine. (no we do not have our personal information on our uniform so it was odd)

Second: there is a station in the city that is haunted, well, there are a few but this one used to be an old police station. I and others have had someone/thing shout our name in our ear in the middle of the night only to wake up to silence and 2 other crews in the station sound asleep, and also late at night you can hear clanging on the old cells and screams of "let me out".

Jake

Two things really, First I had a homeless guy call me by first and last name as I was walking to the bank machine. (no we do not have our personal information on our uniform so it was odd)

Second: there is a station in the city that is haunted, well, there are a few but this one used to be an old police station. I and others have had someone/thing shout our name in our ear in the middle of the night only to wake up to silence and 2 other crews in the station sound asleep, and also late at night you can hear clanging on the old cells and screams of "let me out".

Jake

thats really cool. You guys should see if TAPS(The Atlantic Paranormal Society) would come up there and check it out. Then we could all watch it on Sci-Fi channel :D

Satan once chased my ambulance. At least, so said the schizo patient I had in the back with me. He'd run after it, jump on top, drop through the ceiling and into the back, then fall out the back doors and run after us again.

Apparently he (Satan) did this several times. You'd have thought he'd have learned after the first couple of attempts that he just wasn't going to stay inside.

Satan's such a loser.

-be safe

That's kinda funny..lol... :roll:

I once dated a girl (briefly) who said she was a witch. And that she knows real vampires, and warewolves. She told me that she could sometimes talk to the dead, and she was possessed several times so people could communicate with the dead through her. Very strange girl. Kind of creeped me out. I tried explaining logical explinations to all things she would say, but that never over very well. It's a shame too, I liked the girl. Oh well.

Aaron

I once dated a girl (briefly) who said she was a witch. And that she knows real vampires, and warewolves. She told me that she could sometimes talk to the dead, and she was possessed several times so people could communicate with the dead through her. Very strange girl. Kind of creeped me out. I tried explaining logical explinations to all things she would say, but that never over very well. It's a shame too, I liked the girl. Oh well.

Aaron

I married a woman, who later turned out to be a real "Witch"!!!

But that is a different story.....

PC

My experience actually has to do with my son. When he was young and Cabbage Patch dolls were the thing, I searched forever to find one that had the same name as him. I finally did and he was over joyed. He used to spend time with my sister who cared for a mentally handicapped man. They would go fishing together, to the park, and just hang out. My son and Bob were very good friends. My son even renamed his doll Bob. A few years later my sister was transferred to a different day home and no longer had contact with Bob. Some time later, my son quit playing with his doll. I asked him about it and he told me Bob was dead. I dismissed it and went about my business. This went on for about two weeks until the day my son came up to me and asked why we can't bury little Bob like they did Big Bob. I told him Bob was fine. I called my sister who in turn made some phone calls only to find out that Big Bob had passed away two weeks earlier. When I asked my son how he knew about Big Bob he told me it was because Big Bob told him one night while he was sleeping. I just sat down and cried.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.