BASHING THREADS

MeekoBB

Gezz you guys its all in fun its been a great release for me with all the crap going on.

But hey as you wish so lone i could say something about your remarks but i will not all you have to do is think about what you say in chat. SO i guess you are one of the small minded people hun? But I am not here to offend anyone so I will not post on them anymore but It has been fun. AND para your jokes fill up as much as our BASHING threads do. Beeg Are you upset cause we didnt do one on you?

Terr

I post jokes on this part of the forum because it has the heading of "Funny Stuff"...

If this is NOT the place for jokes please tell me and I will stop posting here.

The bashing threads are not particularly amusing (IMO) unless you are a member of the clique mentioned in an earlier posting, but then, maybe you could say the same about my jokes!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A professor from the local University was doing a test on children, so he brought in a bunch of first years and then he gave each of them a gob stopper, all the kids got the same colour at the same time in turn.

Red=Cherry

Green=Lime

Orange=Orange

Yellow=Lemon

The first part of the test was a success, each of the children guessing what flavour went with which colour.

Then he gave them all a honey flavoured one, after a while all the children couldn't figure it out so the professor gives them a hint "This is something your mummy might call your daddy"

Then one little girl looked at the professor and the other children in horror then she yells "Quick spit them out there assholes"

:D

And IF you notice the bash threads are also listed under FUNNY STUFF. Enough said I will not post again. I am not complaining about you posting I love jokes as much as the next person.

sorry guys, but I agree with Terri. These threads are in the funny stuff section.

We all know what they are about so just don't open them.

There are posts from certain people who I don't read because I don't like them or their posts.

That's all you have to do is not read them.

It's all in good fun. There are other things to worry about besides getting upset over these threads.

I won't post on anymore of the bashing threads and we can let these threads die a quiet death.

If we're gonna get technical, some people may find offense at the jokes posted in funny stuff but I have not seen anyone call those who post those types of jokes.

The bashing threads according to some may show our forum in a bad light but the jokes do too.

Brit, do not think I am singling you out on the jokes because that is not my intention, I am making a global statement about the jokes. I like some of your jokes.

I for one do not really read many of the funny stuff forum here, I just move on to the next post.

Ok I have thought about this some. I am going keep contributing to the bash me threads. Like prevously mentioned if you dont want to see them over look them. If its overkill for you then sorry. And as far as CLIQUE's go its not a clique you all can jump in at anytime its not limited to just the few that have posted on them. But it seems like there are a few of us that post more than others but they are like everything else OPEN TO ALL. That is just my two cents worth.

terr

I thought the original idea, of airing out pet peeves about pt's dr's nurses etc was great.

How many of us have had a good laugh after a call where someone is screaming and yelling at you that they " CAN'T BREATHE!"

Or a dr. from a nursing home trying to claim a pt's gangrene had an onset of 1 day. it just magically appeared.

Or many other funny happenings we see through our unique perspective as EMS providers.

Now short after these came a bash dust thread, because he bashes us daily in our posts. Was all fun to poke fun at him all together ... and if anyone reads these threads they are far from being offensive. If you feel you aren't in with a clique, maybe you don't read enough threads because almost everything said has been public agenda somewhere in the forum.

After that thread there is a plethora of bash user xyz and user abc, and if you look close enough of course these are going to be the more popular members, who post and reply consistently as well as participate in the chat frequently.

Also please notice, no one who is a subject of these bash threads is complaining. Seems as previously mentioned someone is just hurt not to have there own bash thread and be involved in the bash threads.

Want to talk overkill, what about all the happy birthday posts? I mean members made there own birthday threads. (me personally couldn't care less i like those threads too but the point here is that there are always going to be topics of threads that focus on one member more then another, point two, isn't it enough there birthdays are listed on the main page need a thread too ? OMG OVERKILL !!!!!!!!! [sarcasm])

Other overkill which I am guilty of is reposts. how many Murphy's law jokes have we seen? how many other ems jokes and poems we see over and over again.

And as noted on the forum under funny stuff " Place your funny, non EMS or EMS related jokes, stories, links or pictures here. Caution: Adult Material May Be Located On This Board"

Seems to me that by that description, as long as the poster deems the post to be funny it is permitted.

Oh well drop my 2 cent's into the bucket.

I agree, I roll my eyes every time I see another "BASH XYZ" scroll across my screen.

Yes, I know I don't have to open the thread (which I don't except this one), but again when half of the "recent threads" are "bashing threads", it clutters the other topics. Myself, along with probably the majority of people, only read/respond to the newer scrolling topics expressed on the front page. The "all in good fun" has worn its course I think. Now it is just annoying...

I agree with the points VentMedic made as well.

As for the "clique" thing? Whatever...This is an EMS website with 15,000+ members, where I'd say less than 50 members who post even pseudo-regularly have any practical knowledge of EMS and that I'd trust their medical opinion on.

For the most part this forum tends to cater to students, wannabes, drop-out's, and people who want to artificially inflate their position in life. Adding the continuing onslaught of these "BASH" threads gives a poorer overall impression to newer members who are educated (IMHO), and invites the aforementioned.

Hell, even Rid I've noticed doesn't post with the frequency as he did before on this site. Where is Asys? Kevkei? Etc... Perhaps it is the banality of these threads and the never ending idiocy of the "why can't I do more with less" mentality that is sending good, knowledgeable people to post less and less...