Bash patients here

The ones that call for an ambulance because they are on the verge of dying (yet I can't seem to find whats actually wrong with them) and the entire family follows the ambulance in their private vehicle all the way to the hospital. :x

We get them saying they have no way to get to the hospital. Yet as we pull out looks like a funeral with all the cars following. Thats when I like to call in the drug dog to be waiting at the checkpoint. Slows them down. No not really I would never do that, bad me. :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best is when they decide that they absolutely must follow you through every light and start honking their horn if you get too far away from them!
We had a call last night to intercept with pt's cousin who was driving them to the hospital. We transferred the pt to our ambulance and proceeded to the ED. All the while, the cousin was following us with her 4-way flashers on. :roll: Thanks for waking us up :x .UOA at the hospital, she questioned us why we weren't running our L & S. We politely responded " it wasn't an emergency". Man, was she pissed :lol: .

BTW, love the Avatar.

We did an interfacility transfer from our local hospital to a specialty hospital in the Metro. The family was at the local hospital and asked if they could follow us. We told them it would be better if they went ahead of us and gave them directions. We loaded the patient, (end stage cancer with periods of apnea) and took off. We got 5 miles into our 60 mile trip when we noticed a car on the side of the road. As we turned onto the Interstate, so did this car. As we weaved through the traffic, so did this car almost causing two accidents by cutting people off. We got to the hospital ER entrance and pulled into the ambulance garage and guess who was right behind us. That's right folks, the family. They were pissed as hell when we told them they couldn't park there and would have to go to the parking garage. The wife insisted she was coming with us and we told her she would have to go through the main entrance for security reasons. She was irate. I felt for her but policy is policy (Very bad area of the Metro)

They were pissed as hell when we told them they couldn't park there and would have to go to the parking garage. The wife insisted she was coming with us and we told her she would have to go through the main entrance for security reasons. She was irate. I felt for her but policy is policy (Very bad area of the Metro)

Really would of pissed them off if you would have gotten the cops to stop the suspicious vehicle that was recklessly pursuing you. :evil: :twisted:

Really would of pissed them off if you would have gotten the cops to stop the suspicious vehicle that was recklessly pursuing you. :evil: :twisted:

That did cross our minds but we did feel for them as we knew this man was dying and so did they. He actually passed away the following night. After that incident the hospital doing the transfer will have the family stay to do additional paperwork and allow us to get a headstart.

That did cross our minds but we did feel for them as we knew this man was dying and so did they. He actually passed away the following night. After that incident the hospital doing the transfer will have the family stay to do additional paperwork and allow us to get a headstart.

In cases like this then for safety stop and tell them they have to back away. It's hard that family members dieing but if they cause a wreck a whole lot more people suffer. Darn why did you make me show my soft side, what I meant is dump oil and cause them to slide out of control, that always gets them off the bumper. :wink:

I hate patients, and anyone for that matter.. that feels we owe them something because they pay taxes. As if we don't pay taxes too, and prolly make far less than they do. F**king bastards. Okay, maybe I have an anger issue. :lol:

I hate patients with anger issues. OOPS did I just post that after 4cmk6's remarks. Kinda stop typing what I'm thinking. :lol:

That's ok spenac, we know it's from that oil you use. It's affecting you're brain function. LOL

I got's to get me some oil. Maybe I could use it on some of the fat a$$es we haul. Make it easier to move them. :twisted: