Bash patients here

I had a patient who had a small cut on her foot. She called 911 cause she had no other way to the hospital for this.

Her son also had two small cuts on his legs that were scratches rather than lacs.

I told her that medicaid would probably not cover this and i told her that my company would probably bill her for the total amount of not one but two transports since we were doing a 2fer and she told me - "I already owe your company 1500 so I don't really care" She then told me she had a 15K balance at the hospital we were going to transport her to.

I told her how I felt (I shouldn't have) but I did, and she filed a complaint, I got my rear end reamed and took a 3 day unpaid holiday which benefitted me for my mental health but to see the frantic pages for coverage of my shift as well as others I felt sort of vindicated. The supervisor I got suspended by was and still is a real prick.

So in the end I stopped telling patients how they are wasting my time and clogging up EMS and I just transport and say Screw the bill, they will get it collected some how or it will just get written off.

I need to learn from you, I'll gripe out them the whole 90 miles to the ER. Thankfully my medical director backs me. A scary thing though we may be getting knew medical director and the name thrown out there is a doctor that thinks ambulances are taxis.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Mr. Fatman...it's those same glands that make me wanna stand beside you and push my belly out as far as possible to see how I rate at my worst against you! :D

Yea I like patients that make me look small, lets me justify that next high fat bucket of chicken with ice cream chaser waiting back home for me.

The worse patients for me are the drunks that want to hit on me...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

and then WHINE

The worse patients for me are the drunks that want to hit on me...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

and then WHINE

Can I get you a little whine with that drunk? :twisted:

You are pretty good at whinning already ........ 8) 8) 8)

and then WHINE

I think those are the fun ones....they boost my selfesteem. They tell me how gorgeous I am, and that I look like an angel. :drunken:

I have no money. Really it's funny on the first of the month I see you in your car from Mexico at the post office getting your USA benefits and then cashing them at the bank. Then you go back to Mexico. Wish I had all the free benefits w/o paying in.

Patients that greet us with 4 suitcases. No you cannot bring your suitcases. Just you and nothing else. You really can't be that sick if had time to pack everything you own then call us. But I have no way for my stuff to get there. Tuff not my problem. I'm not hauling your dope. Better make friends quick or you'll never get your belongings back. Better yet use your hidden cash and just take a taxi or bus.