Bash patients here

I had a patient who had a small cut on her foot. She called 911 cause she had no other way to the hospital for this.

Her son also had two small cuts on his legs that were scratches rather than lacs.

I told her that medicaid would probably not cover this and i told her that my company would probably bill her for the total amount of not one but two transports since we were doing a 2fer and she told me - "I already owe your company 1500 so I don't really care" She then told me she had a 15K balance at the hospital we were going to transport her to.

I told her how I felt (I shouldn't have) but I did, and she filed a complaint, I got my rear end reamed and took a 3 day unpaid holiday which benefitted me for my mental health but to see the frantic pages for coverage of my shift as well as others I felt sort of vindicated. The supervisor I got suspended by was and still is a real prick.

So in the end I stopped telling patients how they are wasting my time and clogging up EMS and I just transport and say Screw the bill, they will get it collected some how or it will just get written off.

OOOOH Ruff, I love you. :love5: Please, don't :stop: . Teach me everything you know.

I want to learn how to tell off a patient too.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think those are the fun ones....they boost my selfesteem. They tell me how gorgeous I am, and that I look like an angel. :drunken:

wow.... dif youuuuuu felllll from heAVEN or just me? Oh wooooowwwww... I wud completely ohh wow... what time is it? haha wow... Look at the pretty lights.

My favorite is the little old lady who calls 911 because she knows she is dying. We arrive on scene and of course her nosy neighbors start calling to see why the ambulance is in front of her house. We tell her to just let the phone ring. She insists she has to answer it. When we tell her again, let it ring she slaps my partner (hey wait, that's funny) and then answers it. The worse part is she talks to the neighbor for well over five minutes.

Damn old ladies!! I'm never going to be one. I'm going to have a sex change so I can be a dirty old man instead. :lol: :glasses9:

I HATE!!!! The following…

When patients ask how old I am or how old I was when I started… It’s so not reassuring. Or when members say ‘I’ll get Tim, his one of our more experienced members’ But how can a 17 year old be experienced?

New years eve I had a heavily intoxicated young lady projectile vomit down my front. She then came over in a pool of tears, gave me a big hug and mooshed it in even more!

wow.... dif youuuuuu felllll from heAVEN or just me? Oh wooooowwwww... I wud completely ohh wow... what time is it? haha wow... Look at the pretty lights.

Oh wow, that sounded like me on Saturday night lol :lol:

New years eve I had a heavily intoxicated young lady projectile vomit down my front. She then came over in a pool of tears, gave me a big hug and mooshed it in even more!

No fair you get all the good calls. :wink: As dust would ask was she hot? :twisted:

Timmy wrote:

When patients ask how old I am or how old I was when I started… It’s so not reassuring. Or when members say ‘I’ll get Tim, his one of our more experienced members’ But how can a 17 year old be experienced?

I would state your the exception rather then the rule at 17. I would be a little concerned if a 17yo showed up at my house when I called 911. However once I knew you had a grasp of what you were doing I wouldn't have a problem with it.

lol a good call?? I’m a tad worried about you mate…

Yeah she was alright, although vomit is a major turn off! :lol:

OOPS sorry forgot that your 17, almost explained in more detail. :lol::lol: But your right vomit kills the mood.

Patients that say hey watch this right before someone has to call 911, and then they expect me to be sympathetic. As someones signature on here says sorry I can't fix stupid.