Bash patients here

Please don't get to specific as don't want that hippo running you down.

I hate calls (enough said ). OK I hate calls for had Surgery yesterday now it hurts, Did your Doc tell you it was a pain free recovery, call him, not the ambulance.

I hate help me they're dieing. Where? On the floor. Whats the floors address? Then we get on scene in less than 5 minutes and 300 hundred relatives already there and patient is in his best meet the maker suit. When did you find him? 30 minutes ago. Why didn't you call us first? Wanted everyone to get to say goodbye.

I sneezed a month ago and woke up this morning and realized it could be deadly can you take me to hospital? No now go to bed already.

I hurt myself? On scene. Whats wrong? I bumped my toe and it was hurting but now it's not, take me to hospital to get it checked. No use your on car and go wait at the hospital with all the other whiners, or better yet just go to bed.

Take me to the hospital. Why? I don't have gas in my car. How will you get home? My friend will come get me. Call them and get them to take you.

Probably more patient bashing later.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Medicaid/Medicare pay for this?

"OOOOOOHHHHH HELP ME!!!!!" "But no, don't apply the monitor, O2, access an IV, etc....

"I need to go to the hospital" Why? "I don't know, but I need checked out"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Will Medicaid/Medicare pay for this?

If your capable of asking the answer is no. Then write it up so I don't have to pay. Sure I'll risk fraud charges for you, oh by the way thanks for calling, my alarm must have failed to go off at 0255 like it was supposed to.

"I haven't called 911 in 2 days! I must be getting better... right?" No, and if you breathe through the O2 tubing in your NOSE you may be able to breathe better.

"I'm scared you are going to drop me!" They don't pay me for my good looks dear... I throw that in for free. :wink:

EMT: "Are you in any pain?" PT: "None at all."

EMT: "Do you have any chest pain? PT: "Yes, it hurts bad." :x

"Does my cell phone work in this ambulance?" No, we are too close to the airport.

"I haven't called 911 in 2 days! I must be getting better... right?" No, and if you breathe through the O2 tubing in your NOSE you may be able to breathe better.

quote]

Also, if you'd lose about 400lbs it helps out with that breathing difficulty....

Also, if you'd lose about 400lbs it helps out with that breathing difficulty....

Thats not my fault, your just mean, it's the glands they make me eat 3 buckets of chicken a day followed by two tubs of ice cream. :roll:

I had a patient who had a small cut on her foot. She called 911 cause she had no other way to the hospital for this.

Her son also had two small cuts on his legs that were scratches rather than lacs.

I told her that medicaid would probably not cover this and i told her that my company would probably bill her for the total amount of not one but two transports since we were doing a 2fer and she told me - "I already owe your company 1500 so I don't really care" She then told me she had a 15K balance at the hospital we were going to transport her to.

I told her how I felt (I shouldn't have) but I did, and she filed a complaint, I got my rear end reamed and took a 3 day unpaid holiday which benefitted me for my mental health but to see the frantic pages for coverage of my shift as well as others I felt sort of vindicated. The supervisor I got suspended by was and still is a real prick.

So in the end I stopped telling patients how they are wasting my time and clogging up EMS and I just transport and say Screw the bill, they will get it collected some how or it will just get written off.

Thats not my fault, your just mean, it's the glands they make me eat 3 buckets of chicken a day followed by two tubs of ice cream. :roll:

Oh Mr. Fatman...it's those same glands that make me wanna stand beside you and push my belly out as far as possible to see how I rate at my worst against you! :D