Mother Jugs and Speed

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Raquel Welch was "Jugs", Bill Cosby was "mother" for his experience, and Harvey Keital was Tony (aka Speed, a possible dirty cop).

What makes you feel old is remembering watching at a drive in movie (with my girlfriend :oops: , before she became my 1'st wife ) and seeing my medic partners car on the other row!

Code Red sucked, as well as Saved any many others. Emergency as corny as it was, is one of the few that actually promoted EMS without too much showboating. It did have some seriousness as well as humor. Unfortunately, many EMS wish they were as aggressive as that "corny" television show, still providing nothing but BLS care.

R/r 911

That movie should be required viewing for all new EMTs and paramedics :D Mother's ambulance was awesome. :D

LOL! I bet dozens of those were built across the country in the years following the release of that movie. I know a rich kid in Texas who ran motocross standbys had one customised up to look just like Mother's ambulance.

I hope the original one is in a museum somewhere.

The ambulance that Jugs drove off in with Speed, was owned by Seals Ambulance in Long Beach. The one that Mother drove was made specifically for the movie. The dodge ambulances were originally campers, made to look like ambulances for the movie. Finally, the Cotner Bevington ambulance that unity had where they drove across the golf course was owned by Associate Ambulance in Huntington Park, Ca.

If your attentive, you'll notice that the ambulance that Jugs put speed into in the alley, wasn't the same one they were in at the beach. Look at the details, if your interested. Something is missing. The interior shots were in a 1975 Miller Meteor Ambulance, owned by Goodhew Ambulance.

LOL! I bet dozens of those were built across the country in the years following the release of that movie. I know a rich kid in Texas who ran motocross standbys had one customised up to look just like Mother's ambulance.

I hope the original one is in a museum somewhere.

Dust, remember that sh*tty movie,late 80's. I believe it was called "paramedics". Movie sucked, but the ambulance in that movie was also cool. :D

"M, J & S" was made in 1976, from Fox Studios. The ambulance driven by "'Mother' Tucker" (Bill Cosby) was a Chevy-Patriot 63, made, before the headlights customization, by Yankee Coach. The "Caddylance" with the longhorn hood ornament was a Superior Coach 53, a 1972 unit.

And, for the true trivial pursuit players amongst us, Raquel played "Jennifer", who was nicknamed "Jugs" in the movie, for obvious reasons.

From "IMBd":

Cast (in credits order) complete, awaiting verification

Raquel Welch ... Jugs (Jennifer)

Bill Cosby ... Mother

Harvey Keitel ... Tony Malatesta

Allen Garfield ... Harry Fishbine

L.Q. Jones ... Sgt. Davey

Bruce Davison ... Leroy

Dick Butkus ... Rodeo

Larry Hagman ... Murdoch

Milt Kamen ... Barney

Barra Grant ... Miss Crocker

Allan Warnick ... Bliss

Valerie Curtin ... Naomi Fishbine (Peaches)

Ric Carrott ... Harvey

Severn Darden ... Moran (Whiplash)

Bill Henderson ... Charles Taylor

Michael McManus ... Walker (as Mike McManus)

Toni Basil ... Addict

Edwin Mills ... Addict's doctor

Erica Hagen ... Massage Girl - Marsha

Arnold Williams ... Albert

Charles Knapp ... Man with Zipper

Linda Garay ... Pregnant Woman (as Linda Geray)

I own the movie on VHS.

I hated Harry Fishbine, he was a flippant idiot.

Murdoch (Larry Hagman) who was trying to have sex with that girl who was unconscious in the back of the ambulance. lmao

Reminds me about a movie that's out there somewhere called Paramedics, 2 hot shot medics who meet this girl who speaks french and not one word of english. These other medics are told to goto this resturant for food poisoning, so they walk up to this guy who is calling the people over the mic to seat them and these guy's say we are here for the person who has food poisoning and the ppl go crazy running out the door.

See that's the reaction you mention to a lot of ppl and they will over react and think they've been poisoned, lmao

:? What is this movie?

When was it made?

What's it about?

See, this just makes me feel OLD,,,, very old.... I was at a morgue rotation about 6 months ago during medic refresher,, and I commented about the scene from Quincy, where the cops all pass out .....

3/4 of the class didn't know what i was talking about...... I feel old.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.