MEDIC TAG

WendyT

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only problem I see is the cost.

Medic tag costs almost $40.

I can pick up a USB drive that has a keychain mount for less than $10 (http://www.superwarehouse.com/p.cfm?p=1489177&CMP=KAC-Froogle). A sharpie, Microsoft Word, and 5 minutes with my doctor and I have the same thing at 1/4 of the cost.

Most paramedics carry laptops? Where is that?

I'm with JP on this. A decent pen drive can be purchased for much less than U$40.

And quite honestly, I'm not going to take time away from my assessment to plug in a pen drive to find out what's wrong with you.

It might prove to be beneficial to the docs at the ER once we get the patient there. But that's only if the ER computers allow peripheral plug ins. What a great way to spread a virus and shut down a hospital's computer network!

For some reason, this reminds me of that cell phone ICE thing...looks good on paper...not so much in practical use.

-be safe

I bought one and ok so the idea maybe that you may not have the time for it, it's like this I wont be getting rid of my medic alert anytime soon, but I know my doctor has a system where the files at the clinic is now on computer instead of looking at a file folder and going through many pages of paper.

He just sent me a letter telling me between now and next year we will have access to our medical files and tests, so this is promising.

And because we are so short of Doctor's (1500) to be exact, no matter how short we are and the crisis is everywhere, not just in Alberta alone, I believe this Medic Tag will serve a purpose for the use in my Doctor's office when I see them, at least they have that advantage and maybe someone out there who is looking for a doctor's position north of the border, start sending your resume's in, apparently to recruit doctor's up here, wow the CHR is planning on giving those who come here, trips etc...

The tag in Canada cost me $69.99, +$4.95 sh/h and whatever the GST: $80.19

What if you're wallet was stolen, as you lay there unconscious.

Of course it seems people always tend to help themselves to those who cant, should get a self destruct recording,now hear this I will self destruct in 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 . . .just kidding by now their gone. :lol:

DOnt see an issue. I have assessment skills.

I have treated many, many unconcious patients with no identity and their care has never been compromised by me not knowing anything about them.

Again, it is a neat idea but just not practical.. not yet anyways. In a few years, maybe.

It is overpriced and appeals to your emotional side for sales instead of logical or common sense.

DOnt see an issue. I have assessment skills.

I have treated many, many unconcious patients with no identity and their care has never been compromised by me not knowing anything about them.

Again, it is a neat idea but just not practical.. not yet anyways. In a few years, maybe.

It is overpriced and appeals to your emotional side for sales instead of logical or common sense.

Agreed.

On all points.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.