Firefighter Tribute Video

WendyT

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, don't get me wrong, its not that I hate the firemonkeys, I mean, really, just the opposite. Its just that the whole little cottage industry of overglorifying the firemonkeys gets on my nerves. Its gotten out of hand, folks. It started off with some nice knick knacks here and there, a cute little poem even, but now, its spun out of control, and its just needs to stop. Everyone take a giant step backwards. We lose more people each year fishing for Alaskan King Crabs than we do firefighting. Yet there are no gaudy airbrushed T-shirts 'honoring' them.

In the same vein, my beloved grandfather, god rest his soul, for a while made his living retiling the inside of blast furnaces. The thing about blast furnaces is that you can't just turn them off to fix them, so you can imagine the working conditions. He didn't get to sit around between jobs, and yeah, a lot of people actually got hurt and killed doing it, and they did it without wearing a patch or a t-shirt or needing a figurine honoring their profession.

So everyone, do your damn job, get over yourself, enough with the syrupy videos, or I'm going to need to get myself a Novolin prescription, capiche? Wait, I got one more in me... STUPID FIREMONKEYS!!!

The bottom line is that FireFighters SAVE lives and property. Period! They go toe toe with the red demon and sometimes they never make it home :lol: .

I've fought fire and danced with the grim reaper to preserve life and property,unless you are "On the job" I guess you will never feel the love and respect of the Brother Hood! (Don't get me going on female token ff's).

Hug a fireman....he'll keep you warm :wink:

The bottom line is that FireFighters SAVE lives and property. Period! They go toe toe with the red demon and sometimes they never make it home Sad .

I've fought fire and danced with the grim reaper to preserve life and property,unless you are "On the job" I guess you will never feel the love and respect of the Brother Hood! (Don't get me going on female token ff's).

Hug a fireman....he'll keep you warm Wink

Potentially the most self glorifying, idolising statement ive ever seen. Statements like this not only remove the credibility of yourself, but tarnish the reputation of your profession, but undermine the humanity and service of those people who have died in the line of duty.

In the end it amounts to nothing more than a pile of this.....

cimg1928-1024x768.jpg

I think you get the idea.....