Firefighter Tribute Video

WendyT

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess beauty is in the beholder.. however, you did post it in the right category... "funny stuff"...

EMS has an occupational fatality rate of 9.6 per 100,000 workers per year in deaths, compared with 6.3 for police and 4.5 for firefighters... hmm which is braver ?

R/r 911

I think it was a well done video, however, I am sad to see that they don't even really acknowledge EMS in it. We lay our lives on the line every day without much protection (though I do know medics which wear bulletproof vests). Cops have guns and vests, firefighters have airpacks and turnouts, but there is little for us and often we get into an unsafe position before we realize it is unsafe, many times due to poor information. Is how a friend of mine was killed and many others injured in the line of duty. I am both fire and ems as I work with a combined department and I do not see one as better than the other. Instead we are equal. Without fire, I could not access a patient dying of smoke inhalation from a burning building or pinned deeply in the wreckage of a car. We all depend on each other, so please keep the negative comments out and lets try to stay positive here.

You know the egos exist on both sides of the line.

Enjoy the music and the familiar imagery. And remember those of us who have FF friends.

2 of the men I trust the most in my life are FF/EMT's. Not everyone is the same.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

I guess beauty is in the beholder.. however, you did post it in the right category... "funny stuff"...

EMS has an occupational fatality rate of 9.6 per 100,000 workers per year in deaths, compared with 6.3 for police and 4.5 for firefighters... hmm which is braver ?

R/r 911

Hey, do you have citations for those stats? Not that I don't believe, but I'd like to share that info with others at work.