Could you use (snoring respiration)

MAGICFITZPATRICK

i gotta side with Magic here. I don't find this video the least bit offencive. If two consenting adults want to slug it out in front of the camera by all means go ahead, and if someone wants to post it that is their right too. If you don't like it don't watch it.

By all means. How much money has the boxing industry made? How much money has UFC made in the past decade? People are buying up their gear and jumping on the bandwagon of nutritional supplements. They are raking in the money hand over fist. Admin put up a graphic warning so that means if he wanted it gone, it would have already been gone. It's in the funny section because there isn't another section to put it in. Unless you want him to put it in the ALS section so we can all say how we would swoop in and save the day.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree that the video is ok to post on here. What I do feel though is that there should have been a warning from the beginning. That's all.

I agree with akroeze... this is nothing compared to what I saw during EMT class... I remember passing out once. This video made me just go ugh... but is a learning tool as many others instructors use. Besides we are all exposed to worse things in the field.

Just remember to put a warning*

By all means. How much money has the boxing industry made? How much money has UFC made in the past decade? People are buying up their gear and jumping on the bandwagon of nutritional supplements. They are raking in the money hand over fist. Admin put up a graphic warning so that means if he wanted it gone, it would have already been gone. It's in the funny section because there isn't another section to put it in. Unless you want him to put it in the ALS section so we can all say how we would swoop in and save the day.

Fair dinkum Buck, thats horse shit

There is no comparison between boxing and a blood sport that has the aim of killing your oponent

It hasn't got any other section to put it in because it does not belong here....leave this shit on youtube where it belongs

If you think being in the ALS section would mean people would go the egostistical route and talk about "swooping in to save the day" your wrong again...unless of cours you are gonna say that the people here will change their morals and ethics for the sake of self glorification..

The stupid thing is, i am an idiot. Even with the warning i thought "how bad could it be?" and clicked that link, and was taken back a year ot so to an MVA where a truck driver ran off the road then bailed out of the cab, only to hit a 5 foot wide gum tree on his way out of the door.

Things id rather forget, god im an idiot...... :lol: :?

that was erm.......... interesting. to say the least, at first it looked like they were gonna have a cat fight, but dang, i bet the white guy got some brain damage from that.

scott

What one finds funny, some find offensive. I am not sure of the true motive for posting it, but this is not the worst area to put it in.

A warning was placed before the video, so if you watch it, you were warned about it.

Admin, I'm curious. Other than "meet and greet" what would have been a worse forum?

I can't really see the issue. If it was meant to be educational, the BLS, ALS, Education, Instructors, Student forums seem acceptable. I keep waiting for someone to answer me as to why it was funny?

Are there things to be learned from the vid? Sure. And if learning had been his intent, he would have put it in a learning forum.

What's funny about this, on second thought, is that he got just what he wanted...a bunch of attention and conflict. Perhaps this was the right forum after all!

Dwayne

Really when you think about it, this thread resembles that video on so many levels. One big bitch fight to so who’s tougher than the other, stroking someone’s ego to make them selves feel bigger, telling other people how they should feel, getting a high from putting other people down ect ect.

And in reality nobody has actually answered the first posters question, they were to busy backing up another person or making some stupid comment about another.

So.............

Who won :?: :?: :?:

Really when you think about it, this thread resembles that video on so many levels. One big bitch fight to so who’s tougher than the other, stroking someone’s ego to make them selves feel bigger, telling other people how they should feel, getting a high from putting other people down ect ect.

And in reality nobody has actually answered the first posters question, they were to busy backing up another person or making some stupid comment about another.

So.............

Who won :?: :?: :?:

I think debate can be not only un-brutal, but can serve to raise our brutal impulses to useful expression. When offended, one can choose to submit, oppose, or disregard the stimulus. If choosing the second of these three options, one can direct the urge to conquer against one's own imperfections, in order, as you said, to make oneself bigger; but not bigger than someone else, rather bigger - in the sense of encompassing something alien - than one might otherwise have remained or become.

I'm not sure what's wrong with telling other people how they should feel. For example, I was heartened to read your strong disapproval on this thread, and because I'm used to your thoughtful posts, I would have been intrigued to read your justification. Your history lesson was instructive too. Some defenses here have surprised me, so I'm mulling them over. As I said above, and not facetiously, your confidence in the lack of value of the topic may be all that the subject calls for, but others of us are not that quick or certain, though maybe we should be.

Unless I misunderstood something, the first poster's question was answered three times, in posts #6 and #10, and in #16 with the bonus of an editorial comment.

One of the legendary kings of ancient Rome issued a rule that all disputes among his subjects had to be conducted by debate before escalating to violence, and he dispatched roaming guards with the authority to mediate and defuse these arguments before they degenerated (saving work for the ems-charioteers). But it was only a thousand years later that the gladiatorial spectacles came to an halt, in which:

"the inhuman combats of gladiators polluted, for the last time, the amphitheater of Rome .... an inveterate abuse, which degraded a civilized nation below the condition of savage cannibals. Several hundred, perhaps several thousand, victims were annually slaughtered in the great cities of the empire; and the month of December, more peculiarly devoted to the combats of gladiators, still exhibited to the eyes of the Roman people a grateful spectacle of blood and cruelty [until] the generous boldness of Telemachus, an Asiatic monk, whose death was more useful to mankind than his life. The Romans were provoked by the interruption of their pleasures; and the rash monk, who had descended into the arena to separate the gladiators, was overwhelmed under a shower of stones. But the madness of the people soon subsided; they respected the memory of Telemachus, who had deserved the honors of martyrdom; and they submitted, without a murmur, to [new] laws ... which abolished forever the human sacrifices of the amphitheater. The citizens, who adhered to the manners of their ancestors, might perhaps insinuate that the last remains of a martial spirit were preserved in this school of fortitude, which accustomed the Romans to the sight of blood, and to the contempt of death; a vain and cruel prejudice, so nobly confuted by the valor of ancient Greece, and of modern Europe!"

Of course, Gibbon wrote this 225 years ago, before Europe became truly modern.

So here's another tribute to the value of violent force, but I warn you, the video below is, alas, another graphic one: No pain, no gain, Babalu.

[GVideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1529611276092874100&q[/GVideo]