Could you use (snoring respiration)

MAGICFITZPATRICK

We see enough of this junk that we shouldn't have to watch it while perusing a web site.

You got a lot of complaints because this is a disturbing video and one that doesn't need to be shared.

Good to know that you have seen it all and are desensitized to it but some of us don't like to watch this.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i gotta side with Magic here. I don't find this video the least bit offencive. If two consenting adults want to slug it out in front of the camera by all means go ahead, and if someone wants to post it that is their right too. If you don't like it don't watch it.

I also saw many movies like this in school along with some of the grossest pictures my instructor could find. We even had a silly name for these photo/video sessions but i can't remember what it was at the moment.

This is a textbook case of snoring respirations, although i'm sure it would have been just as effective as a learning tool without including the brutal beating i doubt that magic knows how to edit it out.

Kudos for putting up a video that demonstrated a textbook learning case evne though it included a brutal beating.

I totally agree that the video is ok to post on here. What I do feel though is taht there should have been a warning from the beginning. That's all.

Like someone already said, if you don't like it then don't watch it. It's really that simple. I'm so sick of people (not just on here but all over the world) trying to ban books and movies and music just because they don't like the stuff in them. If you don't like i then don't f ing read it! Sorry i'll settle down now.

Not really a matter of "if you don't like it don't watch it", it is in the FUNNY STUFF forum!

Same question as above. What is funny about it?

Post it if you want, just use your head and put it in an appropriate forum. If you're intent was truly to educate, instead of grandstanding, (Which appears to be your true motive, as you posted another one after learning they way the forum readers felt about this one) wouldn't it have made some sense to put it in the EMS or Student forum?? MAGIC, it's not like you just stumbled in here...C'mon man.

Ok...can we all go back to looking at funny stuff now?

Dwayne

Felony Fighting is not funny at all. Out of all the things to post on here you had to choose a felony fight… Why don’t you at least post a real felony, you know the one wear they bash each other to death…

This is the Funny Stuff forum. This is not funny.

The original post did not include the warning. Admin was kind enough to add that after the fact (and after several replies had been posted).

There's a difference between posting for educational purposes and posting for sheer sadistic pleasure.

This was not presented as an educational opportunity as it was 1) posted in "Funny Stuff", 2) not prefaced with any type of lead in other than wondering if this really counted as snoring respirations and 3) the answer to the question posted is so blantantly obvious there could be no other reason to post it other than entertainment. :roll:

Will we see this in the field? Yes. Is this an example of mechanism of injury and the resulting presentation of a head injury? Yes. Would it be appropriate for a classroom setting? Possibly.

But no. The original poster presented this under false pretenses so as to elicit responses consistent with the gung-ho, "F' 'im up" attitude that most teenage testosterone laden boys carry with them. If he wants to continue to be a child with delusions of grandeur then do it somewhere else. If he wants to legitimately learn from this, post it in another forum. If he's looking to pass himself off as a tough guy thinking this kind of stuff is bad a$$ and cool then he needs to grow the @#$% up.

Legitimate learning could be had from this, true. But this was presented only for shock value. And that deserves no respect at all.

-be safe

shock value

"When people break the rule of propriety current in their own time and place, if they do so in order to excite lust in themselves or others, then they are offending against chastity. But if they break it through ignorance or carelessness they are guilty only of bad manners. When, as often happens, they break it defiantly in order to shock or embarrass others, they are not necessarily being unchaste, but they are being uncharitable: for it is uncharitable to take pleasure in making other people uncomfortable."

~ C.S. Lewis (1898-1963)

Just to give you a bit of background on felony fighting. It was originated in Mexico. The aim of a real fight is to fight until you can’t fight no more, thus meaning the person is either dead or everyone’s rushed in to try and stop the fight, if you go down then your pretty much a goner. As you could see in this video the bigger chap wouldn’t have stopped fighting unless that guy stopped him, imagine what would have happened to the guy lying on the ground if he kept going - he would have possibly died. It shocked me that felony fighting is actually a sport and it is not illegal as it has been organized and both people are participating at their own free will.

Having both witnessed and administer first aid to people who have been involved in felony fighting I can tell you it’s as scary as it gets to watch and it made me sick to see someone with no regard what so ever to another human life. They stop at nothing to see that other person lying there, knocked out with blood ever were and their still bashing the $hit out of them. They don’t even get any money out of it; it’s just one big fight to see who’s tougher than the other. These people actually get a kick out of killing someone.

To think that someone would re post this sort of activity on an EMS forum is beyond me…

Good on yah home boy!