Abuses of the EMS uniform

Hmmmm, proof eh?

Its no tlike me to post without having my facts in order so here ya go.

This individual bragged about it to another without knowing I was privy to the conversation.

Is that good enough?

No... That isn't proof, it's hearsay. Beside, he could be lying. I just love when people are the self proclaimed judge, jury and executioner.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How thoughtfully presumptuous of you! Its a shame that you have once again made an ass out of yourself from your ASSumption

Look bubbles, fortunately for me i come from a country where i am able to buy a beer at the same age that i am allowed to join the military, this would be 18. Fancy that! im NOT allowed to be in a position where i may be forced to kill people before i can have my scotch on the rocks! Seeing as this would at least make me 18, and im actually 23 i guess i cover the undergae drinking part quite substantially, No?

I like reading these sorts of accusation from monkeys like yourself...i think you may be a genuine flamer, if so pick up you banana and leave, theres already enough vegetables around here without adding another fruitcake to the basket

Thanks for the laugh though, i needed that

SWISH!

No... That isn't proof, it's hearsay. Beside, he could be lying. I just love when people are the self proclaimed judge, jury and executioner.

Hearsay is when you are not a direct witness to the conversation and you do not know the context. Regardless of whether he was lying or not, he gave no indication of such, therefore I have no other way to interpret his words. Let's say he didnt do it, do you still repsect him for LYING about using the uniform in such a negative light? Yes, I have judged but I have not juried or executioned as if you will notice I refuse to divulge his name and I tried to take a positive spin on this topic by having our senior members do some positive peer pressure.

Anyways, it is interesting that this member has suddenly disappeared and has not posted since I did this. Embarrassment, shame??? I dont know but I certainly hope a lesson is learned and this scenario never repeats itself.

Have any of you that have been lining up to cast stones ever received a free pass on a moving traffic violation while you were in uniform or perhaps had your uniform hanging in your personal vehicle?

:lol:

Reread fromt he beginning please. This thread had nothing to do with the perks we get while on duty in uniform, it was more of a focus on an UNDERAGE person using his uniform to PURCHASE ALCOHOL!! This is why we were "casting stones" as you say.

I wouldn't mind casting a brick at that person.

Interestingly enough this was an issue that arose in my former vollie fire brigade. A general meeting was called and it was decided, and voted upon that any person found to be using their uniform in order to gain discounts, they could be suspended on the spot by any field officer for a period of 4 months, thereby negating the need for a general meeting to be called for this purpose and waiting the 3 weeks before action could be taken.

Needless to say this has not happened again, though i know of very few volunteer units, if any, that take steps in my area that are designed to MAKE the brigade/unit operate more effectively

Anyways, it is interesting that this member has suddenly disappeared and has not posted since I did this. Embarrassment, shame??? I dont know but I certainly hope a lesson is learned and this scenario never repeats itself.

Man...I have nothing but respect for you AK, but it's way passed time someone calls bullshit on this thread.

This could have been posited as a hypothetical, but instead you chose to allow all the regular members of the board to know who this is. And if we're wrong, there is a kid on this board taking an amazing beating for nothing.

And now you call him out as a coward for not running into the lions den to defend himself? He has no defense! And the main reason he can't explain his actions and repent is because every other person here that has done shameful, CHILDISH things aren't required to reveal them before getting their chance to tell him what a dirtbag he is.

This is out of control! If we're here to learn and educate then I have to wonder how, after he's exposed, attacked and humiliated, possibly chased from the board, everyone is going to be able to sit around and pat themselves on the back and talk about what a good thing they did.

Pick one year from my life between 15 and 20 and you will find enough broken laws, shameful behavior and things I wish I could change that not a single one of you would have another word to say to me (maybe you won't now anyhow). We're kids! We lied to the guys about our drinking and whoring. We made up great adventures where we vanquished the dragon. Yeah, some of us even drank, did drugs and stole. But if people believed in us, we grew to make different decisions, and even make a difference in our families and communities.

The absolute worse thing that could happen is that this young man believes that he is as vile and worthless as you all have told him he is. He's not...He's a kid.

What pisses me off even more is that in another thread Dust implied that he maybe would have taken (hypothetical)drug money to pay his mothers mortgage. ( I'll trust Dust to take this in the spirit intended) and not one single person in this thread had the balls to call him out and make him explain his post! But there is no lack of volunteers to beat up a kid.

So everyone is right. Good for you. Who has been productive?

Ok. That's it...I've broken my 'don't post while your pissed rule'..but there you have it.

Dwayne