And you wonder why we don't get respect...

vs-eh?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no reason why there is such a big deal about this. You get a patient who isn't in any real (life) threat who is complaining of a status issue, you do what you can to resolve the issue. In this case the guy grabbed a Q-tip to knock the ant loose. Didn't work so he went in and grabbed the bugger. No harm to pt and everything was resolved. If a wooden tongue depressor were used instead would there still be an issue? I probably would have done roughly the same thing. All and all the most important thing is that it worked and no harm was done to the pt.

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph...b757646dc#82517

...ummmmm maybe drinking/gargling with some water? Salt water? Listerine? Pop? Anything? Man...

Another .02 cents for you....why would you make someone who is coughing and gagging lean back their head with fluid in their mouth???

That should not have been a suggestion!

ok, by now i'm sure ya'll know my opinion on the "ant issue" but just one more thing and i'll climb back down off of my soap box.....i believe we all learned this in medic school, the first rule is primum non nocere as long as we keep this pearl in mind we can never go wrong by first doing no harm. am i right? like i said, the pt's problem was resolved with all of the pt's dignity intact and without further harm....once again, WAY TO GO UG!

i have no idea who Doc is but any time i see a post that makes as much sense as the one he/she (no pun intended) left i say thank you for using your head and making sense of an otherwise ignorant situation. vs...buddy, you know i love ya but you get a mind set like i do and when you do you are as tenacious as a pit bull and don't let go till you are the one who is right. seems to be we could both learn a lot by being proven wrong more often...lol...but nobody likes to be wrong and it would be easier if others wouldn't rub it in. sorry if i did that to ya man. hope you'll be back in chat soon to say hey.

Dawn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.