Which one do you use... Difib Paddles or the Pads

tunnelrat83

Which one.. Paddles or Pads  

111 members have voted

1. 1.

• Paddles
    • Pads

The day will be here soon enough when we no longer use paddles. I was a holdout for a long time, until I worked for a service that only had pads.

Now, I swear by them. They are no more time consuming than paddles and they are way safer for all involved.

Give me pads any day.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the pads and I teach to use the pads if you have that capability. They are much safer due to having less of a chance of defibrillating or cardioverting yourself or anyone else for that matter. If they are on correctly, you don't have to worry about arching either and the patient will get the amount of joules that's needed to convert their heart because you don't have to worry about the 25 pounds of pressure issue. Just make sure you have them on correctly and there is not any air pockets. That's why you're not supposed to just "smack" them on but rather, roll them on.

Pads are a great option that has been needed for a very long time. I will never use my paddles again, if I don't have to.

Yes, pads are better, they stick, les chance of shocking something you shouldn't be... But but BUT

You just look so much cooler when you use the paddles! You know you do! That's the only pro-paddles argument I can think of.

Yes, pads are better, they stick, les chance of shocking something you shouldn't be... But but BUT

You just look so much cooler when you use the paddles! You know you do! That's the only pro-paddles argument I can think of.

Just tell me, please, You're not going to do the "Rescue 77" stunt of doing the handstand on the paddles, are you?

• 3 weeks later...

When given the choice I'll use the pads, but a lot of time out of habit, I'll put the paddles on for a quick-look and then wait for the pads until transport. That's just a habit of mine, and my instructors too(guess thats where I learned it!). My service uses LP12's, and our medics are given the option to do either one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.