Ruff's list of do not touch topics not to post on EMT CIty

1. Fire versus EMS

2. What's wrong with this picture

3. Medics versus EMT's

4. Are you a wanker?

5. Recruitment threads

6. My dad can beat up your dad.

I promise never to post a thread on any of the above topics. AS for reply to them, sure but never post them.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say I wont post on education, EMS, Competency, system structure, pictures, sounds, etc.... ANY MORE!!

WHO'd Believe that?!?!!? I'm sure by now WE ALL KNOW THATS NOT GONNA HAPPEN... :wink: :wink: :wink: :P :shock: :shock: :lol::D

So I take it back... I think...err.. I'll get back to ya on this one :P:lol: 8)

ACE844

Too much sensitivity. If people are going to get their underpants in a bunch, then maybe they should pick an easier field of endeavor.

Almost by definition, EMS personnel have to be opinionated and willing to hold fast in an argument. That said, more of us need to be able to integrate another viewpoint into our own thought processes. The mark of a truly educated provider is being able to accept a conflicting view while holding to your own.

Too much sensitivity. If people are going to get their underpants in a bunch, then maybe they should pick an easier field of endeavor.

Almost by definition, EMS personnel have to be opinionated and willing to hold fast in an argument.

In some instances one could almost say this is a necessity :shock: :!:

ACE844

I was trying to be funny not sensitive.

I have no problems posting these types of topics but as each and everyone of us knows here, that once one of those topics gets posted it invariably deteriorates down to a negative post.

Someone in the past week or so posted that they were sick of the negative slants of many of the threads. The ones I listed are the ones that always become negative as well as many of them get nasty.

Lots and lots of good points put in those posts but many negative posts too.

My opinion, most on here have and never will work in the field. What I mean by working is more than running 10 calls a month with the gang, so they can wear that neat FIRE/RESCUE T-shirt. We that generate the majority of the posts in regards to education, professionalism, career, etc. take this business serious, because it is our livelihood and career.

We are not it for the fame, glory and therefore we actually take EMS what is was designed for..delivery of patient care.

When I first started here, this site was filled with several whackers, and within the last year many have left to other whacker sites so they can talk about how many light bars they have on their vehicle, etc. Thanks to Dust, PRPG, Ruff, AZCEP, Anatomy Chick, and even ACE with his numerous studies and annoying soundtracks (LOL) as well as many others that I have failed to mention, this site has became more respected and if you note the numbers of posting(s) VERY, strong. I believe you would be surprised on how many e-mails, I receive daily about career & education choices, treatment modalities, as well as personal issues. We have steered or directed many away from disastrous thinking, and antagonized others to read, explore, and research, to hopefully make a wise decision.

Sure there are many that attempt to sideline things, but usually the "core" will present documented, educated proof, as well as experience to either clarify the issue or to show the correct way. Does this mean we always agree... heck NO!, but, we as professionals can respect and appreciate each others opinion, and ALL of us realize we learn something new every day, and we will always do so.

When a controversial subject occurs, that is when the posts start increasing, as well as the number of hits to read the discussion. There are many "feel good" EMS forums, that pussyfoot around things, never wanting to "hurt" some one's feelings, at least here... we are honest on ho we feel, like it or not! As well, we have no problems telling if you are wrong, and we will prove why. Again, this is why this site has flourished, and has several posts a minute, not days. Yes, we antagonize.. that's' our job...LOL

Things to stay away from, I believe are some deep personal issues such as religion, sexual orientation and practices, and other private matters that will not involve EMS, working environment, or patient care.... I don't count politics, since that funds us.. :wink: ..

Be safe,

R/r 911

Hello Everyone,

You know, over the last month and a half (and sporadically before that) or so I have had the distinct pleasure to read some posts here which have been among the best i have read anywhere period. Much like the one above from"Rid,". I think that we should start or make some sort of mechanisim whereby the 'membership' here can vote and add these posts to be mandatory reading by new members and able to be sticky'd or referenced by all of us as needed. By compeling the new members to read these posts they will then have some idea of what they are getting themselves into, and the older members will have something to refrence and remind us of 'the 'perspectives, who, what, when, why, and importance' of what we do.

Since becoming a member here I have had the privelage to learn and be exposed to some of the most knowledgeable and well rounded clinicians I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Even though I haven't always agreed with them there are many members here who contribute mountains of time and effort to helping all of us. Among them {There are so many it's hard to mention-remember them all, please don't take offense if I don't mention ya}; Ridryder ( I can't wait to meet him and hope to work with him someday), WPMonroe, Dust {even though when he first came here I wanted to fx his trachea :wink: Now I hope to work with him someday :wink: :P 8)}, USAF-DitchDoc-et.al, Squint, Ruff, Nate, Itu2k, ERDoc, PRPG (who is a =nother valuable intelligent well rounded resource, who i'd also like to work with...well if he'll pay me the big bucks!! LOL 8) :P ), Richmond medic, medfire#3, Meicccj, asysin2leads, RichardB, techmedic, etc... I have become a more educated, knowledgeable, and well rounded provider because of them. Their posts and thoughts have caused me to continuously 'think out side the box' like never before. Even some of the new people, "Jpinva", mike, Dwayne, and others who construct intelligent and well thought out posts and want to learn and better themselves are part of what gives soem of the more seasoned members hope for the future... :!: :!: 8)

The quality, experience base, knowledge and professional-clinical experience here is really unsurpassed among some of these 'EMS professional forums'. Ignore the wise words and posts of the members here at your own folly. As for the negativism, and passionate arguements. I think that being passionate about certain things are among the traits which make us good at what we do. There will always be stupidity, and useless sidelining. Yet, I feel that like the best EMS systems I have had the pleasure of working it, we as members need to keep the 'Peer pressure up'. By doing so and not allowing this to be tolerated or pervasive so as not to take away from those newbies and everyone else who come here to discuss and solve real issues, learn, and have contact with intelligent like minded EMS professionals. I think this board serves a great benifit to our professional community and just like in the real world of our job, WE as individuals are responsible to unite, and strive to improve things and make them better for the group. If there are those who don't like this, well then I bid you A'dieu, your prescence is not necessary or needed. Just my .02, HLO,

Out here,

ACE844

**ADMIN-OWNER-MODS**:: Would it be possible to set soemthing like this up? Any thoughts or issues on this?? perhaps have a running poll whereby we could add or nominate posts then vote them to be included into the 'sticky-thread- or in addition to the TOS'?

First,

I appreciate as I read this thread to be noted as one of the "educated" members of ther forum. Since my arrival here, ive done my best to provide as much knowledge as I can, while still maintaining enough good sense about my personal knowledge to know i still needed to learn.

This site has improved me in a number of ways, and has given me several provider types to model myself after, which has also served to improve how I balance and operate as a healthcare provider in the field. I truely appreciate the fact that I am respected by my peers, there is nothing better to know within your professional existence that you've reached that plateau.

Special thanks to people like RID, Dust, DitchDoc/Punisher/Medicdiver/(Insert steve alias here)/Ace/Asys....you are in each of your own ways,...the ideal provider. Thank you for sharing yourselves and abilities with us.

Enough of the blah blah....ive got more to add.

PRPG's list additions.

1. Guns on ambulances

2 How old is too old

3. "My (edited) is bigger than your (edited)"

4. Should EMT's be allowed to ride...

5. On Top.

Kumbyyah,

PRPG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.