Heroin / fentanyl...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty, that makes a bit more sense. Quotation marks and citing are helpful when trying to determine credibility and all. Speaking of which, has anyone read anything else regarding potency, volumes, etc.? I'm just doubting the credibility of a news article here...

Alrighty, that makes a bit more sense. Quotation marks and citing are helpful when trying to determine credibility and all. Speaking of which, has anyone read anything else regarding potency, volumes, etc.? I'm just doubting the credibility of a news article here...

I dont disagree...anyone got any information on the authors background?

The AHA 2005 guidelines have been in effect since January 1, way to go Whit. You got something right. Since that statement, you've accomplished nothing in the form of usable information.

The AHA guidelines are the recommendations that most services use for cardiovascular emergencies. If your medical director wants to allow something that is not in the AHA guidelines, then that is the authority that you must follow. Your agreement or disagreement with your protocols is a non-issue. You follow your medical direction's wishes, or you find other medical direction.

If your agency/department/medical control has enlisted in studying how the new AHA guidelines work, then most of the narcotic based cardiac arrest patients will be eliminated from the study. If you want to study the effects of Narcan, on a cardiac arrest population due to narcotic overdose, this would be the perfect sample to include. Don't you think?

In an attempt to return to the original question, luckily, most of the southwest hasn't had a significant spike in narcotic overdoses. Our overdose of choice would be prescription narcotics, or homemade concoctions of items that are easy to come by. Jimson tea, and methamphetamine issues occur much more often.

If you would like, I could send you a care package with my Narcan supply. It sounds like you have more opportunity to use it than I do.

I dont disagree...anyone got any information on the authors background?

The title alone raises my 'Index of suspicion' [bonus points for adding in an assessment term to something unrelated?]

"Fear toxic heroin is on its way here"

Now, I admit, I've never actually done heroin...But I can't imagine that even 'clean' and 'safe' heroin is, well, non-toxic.

If there's such thing as 'clean' and 'safe' heroin.

Which I don't believe there really is.

The AHA 2005 guidelines have been in effect since January 1, way to go Whit. You got something right. Since that statement, you've accomplished nothing in the form of usable information.

The AHA guidelines are the recommendations that most services use for cardiovascular emergencies. If your medical director wants to allow something that is not in the AHA guidelines, then that is the authority that you must follow. Your agreement or disagreement with your protocols is a non-issue. You follow your medical direction's wishes, or you find other medical direction.

If your agency/department/medical control has enlisted in studying how the new AHA guidelines work, then most of the narcotic based cardiac arrest patients will be eliminated from the study. If you want to study the effects of Narcan, on a cardiac arrest population due to narcotic overdose, this would be the perfect sample to include. Don't you think?

In an attempt to return to the original question, luckily, most of the southwest hasn't had a significant spike in narcotic overdoses. Our overdose of choice would be prescription narcotics, or homemade concoctions of items that are easy to come by. Jimson tea, and methamphetamine issues occur much more often.

If you would like, I could send you a care package with my Narcan supply. It sounds like you have more opportunity to use it than I do.

AHA shouldnt be including narcotic based arrests in any study. Too many additional variables in regarding to cause that would inappropriately adjust results.

Side note:

Any one wishing to send the eastern states narcan care packages, please send them to my newly developed for profit foundation.

"Save the Smackheads"

c/o PRPG Firerescuetech

1 PRPG Place

Philadelphia, PA 12345

XOXO

Rid,

Your not to far south east of me. We have not seen it much here but i have it on fairly good info that herion use is rearing its ugly head around here. (SW Kansas). I have not run in to it personally and i will not speak for my co-workers as i have not heard anything from them about any runs made. Meth and cocaine still remain on top of the drugs of choise here.

Be Safe

Race

AZCEP wrote:

Imagine that. As far as usable information someone asked a question I had an answer. I am not a self proclaimed know it all, when I see something on this board I have experienced I comment on it. What you do with that information is up to you.

Also another point on the heroin issue. We were told that the problem is not with prescription Fentanyl it is with the powder form being created in labs.