How I hate thee firefighters, let me count the ways....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. Well I'm gonna get hell for this one. Being that I'm also a firefighter, a few may automatically stereotype me as a drunk. ;) Have a nice day!

"As different as we may be,

We’re all one big family,

If we just agree,

We’re gonna disagree.

Why can’t we all just get a long neck,

And make a toast to peace and harmony?

Why, why can’t we all just get a long neck,

And see how good getting along can be?

And see how good getting along could be? "

http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/william...neck-13441.html

*Runs and hides in the bushes.*

I think I made a mistake. I owe alot of you guys an apology. Here I had you pegged as a slovenly lot of overzealous school girls trapped in adult fatbodies, too lazy to get where you secretly wish you could be. But I was wrong. Well, sort of. If you just replace "Lazy" with "crazy" then Im right on again. Its not the physical thats giving you trouble, its the psych!

Anytime you guys want to come back to earth, youre welcome too. I know the space suits tight when its packed so full of self righteousness.

And thanks for the chill pill. Because I needed it so bad after filling up the first three pages of this thread. Oh wait, that was....

C'mon .. surely you get more ribbing when you were a a probie. I have been through all your so called "fire schools & Cert.'s"; even have a degree in Fire Science, so please let's not get in a turf war. Yes, everyone has a role... next we will be picking on LEO... heck, everyone on here does it; the nurses and even the Doc's get their fair share.

You have to admit over-all, a lot of the hose jockeys do not care or attempt to further their education. Many NOT all, chose the Fire Department, because of the bronze over brains. It is still true, once your on, it is very hard to remove one from the department .. good or bad, how many firefighters have you seen fired or dismissed after 5 years on duty? Speaking of fat.. I have seen a lot of firefighters after being promoted to driver or officer that outweigh many medic(s) and yes I mean plural.

Yes, they are part of the team..not the whole team, and yes they are an asset in assisting and rendering care in certain circumstances and departments.

I think I made a mistake. I owe alot of you guys an apology. Here I had you pegged as a slovenly lot of overzealous school girls trapped in adult fatbodies, too lazy to get where you secretly wish you could be. But I was wrong. Well, sort of. If you just replace "Lazy" with "crazy" then Im right on again. Its not the physical thats giving you trouble, its the psych!

Anytime you guys want to come back to earth, youre welcome too. I know the space suits tight when its packed so full of self righteousness.

And thanks for the chill pill. Because I needed it so bad after filling up the first three pages of this thread. Oh wait, that was....

Cray, lazy, whatever. At least I don't have the maturity level of a 5 year old and an intellect to match. You're obviously some 19 year old doofus fresh out of the smoke house who still has his mom fold his underwear, and likes to try and pick on others to make up for his pathetic short comings. Now why don't you go buy yourself a nice t-shirt and sunglasses from Galls, and leave the professionals to work? Back to the trailer park with you.

This has been...um...fun. It has also been said again and again, in hundreds of different ways, in a number of threads, and has ALWAYS become emotional and abusive. Our biggest problem is that too many people speak in generalities, pegging ALL EMS people or ALL firefighters as a general group. We all know that there are mental midgets with monumental egos running around in both services. We all know that fighting fire is not the same service as treating sick or injured people. The fact that we often have to work together in situations of high stress where we have completely different objectives does not help either.

Complaining about an individual, or even a group of people is acceptable, I guess, though there should be more reasonable and more professional ways to get what you need. Setting things up so that an entire emergency services section is almost forced to square off with another simply to defend itself strikes me as similar to tossing two pit bulls into a ring - the result will be a fight, and even the winner will be a loser.

Got a problem with the way firefighters go about EMS scenes? Got a problem with arrogant/ignorant/uninformed workers around you? Start a forum that will intelligently and reasonably allow both sides to learn more about what is required. Civilized discussion, not open warfare, will go much farther towards changing attitudes and procedures. This is the essence of a forum - discuss, learn, and act.

This is one thing I like about city - It makes even me look like a moderate!

ASissy, i hope you do a better assessment on your "patients" than you do on me, *****. Ive noticed youve yet to contribute anything here other than weak shots on me (trailer park jokes? Well crafted... Yeah, IM the five year old)

I know life is tough driving old people back and forth between the nursing home and the hospital triage on end of the week dump-day, but take it out on your significant other. At least he might bake you some sympathy pie.

I'm not going to get into a name calling argument with some know nothing white trash wannabe. But, just to set the record straight, I'm not an EMT who works for a transport company, I'm a paramedic who works for the New York City Fire Department. And, uh, Skyline, weren't you asking about how to move to my neck of the woods? So really, you want to try and do the job I'm doing right now, right? Well, kiddo, I'd say don't waste your time, keep doing what you're doing and putting out chicken coop fires and people who pass out from heatstroke at the tractor pull. There's now way you'd be able to survive or work in the civilized world. But don't feel bad, I'll send you a neato baseball cap you can wear around your hole in the wall department. And what's this about me having a guy as a significant other? Why is it you closet homosexuals are always attracted to the fire service? I guess something about sleeping and showering with men all the time and gettting wet or something.

6 posts and none are productive or intelligent...... may be a signifigant problem on your end.

This thread was not meant to have the vitreous flavor you have lended it sky- it was meant to vent and have some fun. Thanks for ruining it with your bruised ego driven rant.

6 posts and none are productive or intelligent...... may be a signifigant problem on your end.

This thread was not meant to have the vitreous flavor you have lended it sky- it was meant to vent and have some fun. Thanks for ruining it with your bruised ego driven rant.

the intellegent discussion happened at the link posted above....

ACE