How I hate thee firefighters, let me count the ways....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm clear, Ace- this sky guy just cracks me up. It is one thing to defend your opinion- another to lash out based on a perception of injustice that is unsubstantiated.

agreed...not throwing stones, just I find it funny with the recent increase of some the new posters posting their neanderthalific understanding of things.....Time to clean house I think

ACE

I've noticed a few things about bellicose and SkylinePCG...

1. They are both from Florida.

2. Both have not filled in one bit of personal info in their profiles.

3. Skyline is such a successful and happy Paramedic/FF that just 8 months ago he wanted to move to Gotham. Bellicose has been an EMT for a whole 4 months now.

Here's my opinion based on the above, you are both about 18-20 years old, you volunteer with some backwoods FD and you have visions of a heroes glory. Sky I seriously doubt you are a Paramedic, none of your posts even have a glint of knowledge about EMS in them. Bell you are just too green and excited about something you don't know and your trying to boost your ego by lying on a website.

How can I say that you ask? Goes back to the profile, why is it the guys who talk the most smack never let anyone know where they work, or even what city they work in? Why is it they do not even put an age or sex in their profile? Simple they do not want anyone to find out who they really are. They're afraid somebody might go "Hey that's Billy Jo Jim Bob, he ain't no Paramedic, hes just a probie out at Mooseknuckle VFD" So they hide behind the anonymity of the internet and create a life where they can be something more than they are. You two are the daydreamers in the back of the class, staring out the window with visions of unobtainable glory. Do not waste our time with your rabid and extremely unfunny insults.

Peace,

Marty

:lol:

P.S. See that, that's my name, that's who I am. I have a blog that explains everything, I hide nothing.

I've noticed a few things about bellicose and SkylinePCG...

1. They are both from Florida.

2. Both have not filled in one bit of personal info in their profiles.

3. Skyline is such a successful and happy Paramedic/FF that just 8 months ago he wanted to move to Gotham. Bellicose has been an EMT for a whole 4 months now.

Here's my opinion based on the above, you are both about 18-20 years old, you volunteer with some backwoods FD and you have visions of a heroes glory. Sky I seriously doubt you are a Paramedic, none of your posts even have a glint of knowledge about EMS in them. Bell you are just too green and excited about something you don't know and your trying to boost your ego by lying on a website.

How can I say that you ask? Goes back to the profile, why is it the guys who talk the most smack never let anyone know where they work, or even what city they work in? Why is it they do not even put an age or sex in their profile? Simple they do not want anyone to find out who they really are. They're afraid somebody might go "Hey that's Billy Jo Jim Bob, he ain't no Paramedic, hes just a probie out at Mooseknuckle VFD" So they hide behind the anonymity of the internet and create a life where they can be something more than they are. You two are the daydreamers in the back of the class, staring out the window with visions of unobtainable glory. Do not waste our time with your rabid and extremely unfunny insults.

Peace,

Marty

:lol:

P.S. See that, that's my name, that's who I am. I have a blog that explains everything, I hide nothing.

well said

I find it funny with the recent increase of some the new posters posting their neanderthalific understanding of things.....Time to clean house I think

:notworthy: I think you outdid yourself again Ace! :notworthy:

I've been trying to stay out of the war as much as possible. However, my opinion is that the focus should be on the best and most consistent care for the patient. I hate to see people working a job they don't really want to do. If you're working in ems, give it the best shot that you can and strive to better your care. Same goes for the fire side. If they lump the two together, my opinion is that folks are going to have to suck it up, multitask, and like it, or move to some place where they can focus on just fire or just ems.

:notworthy: I think you outdid yourself again Ace! :notworthy:

I've been trying to stay out of the war as much as possible. However, my opinion is that the focus should be on the best and most consistent care for the patient. I hate to see people working a job they don't really want to do. If you're working in ems, give it the best shot that you can and strive to better your care. Same goes for the fire side. If they lump the two together, my opinion is that folks are going to have to suck it up, multitask, and like it, or move to some place where they can focus on just fire or just ems.

Thanks for your compliment....I wish you the best in EMS, you'll find a great resource here and if we can help, please feel free to speak up.

As for other things...

For those of you who are in this profession you have a RESPONSIBILITY to EDUCATE yourself further and do all you can to become a better CLINICIAN. This whining about how "Oh, I only had 120 hrs...My class didn't help me learn..." Is a complete cop out, and B$!! Oh, Booie for you, now MAN UP and FIX IT!!!Fact of the matter is, you are in an autonomous field, with ALOT MORE RESPONSIBILITY THAN YOU WERE LED TO BELIEVE IN CLASS!!!

Furthermore, your an adult, or at least pretending to be one. So why should the rest of us hold your hand and give you an excuse to blame your lack of motivation, education, intelligence, understanding, or abilities on others. IT'S YOUR ISSUE, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, SO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! Are there ways to do this, yes; and are there people here who are willing to help? Absolutely!!! There are many of us here who try to teach, and help you guys be better providers, and clinicians! If you have no interest in any of the things I mentioned. Go work in an industry where your lack of 'motivation' and complacency won't cause harm to someones family members and friends. WHAT WE DO EFFECTS LIVES IN A REAL WAY!!! THERE ARE MORE THAN A FEW INSTANCES WHERE WE MAKE LIFE, AND DEATH DECISIONS AND EFFECT OUTCOMES IN REAL AND OFTEN PERMENANT WAYS FOR SOMEONE WHO OFTEN WE HAVE JUST MET!!!

Think about it.... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) None of this I'm a FF I'm better...I'm a moron..watch me post nonsense and flame people.....

{climbs off his soapbox and relequishes the mic for a short time}

OUT HERE,

ACE844

[

For those of you who are in this profession you have a RESPONSIBILITY to EDUCATE yourself further and do all you can to become a better CLINICIAN. This whining about how "Oh, I only had 120 hrs...My class didn't help me learn..." Is a complete cop out, and B$!! Oh, Booie for you, now MAN UP and FIX IT!!!Fact of the matter is, you are in an autonomous field, with ALOT MORE RESPONSIBILITY THAN YOU WERE LED TO BELIEVE IN CLASS!!!

Furthermore, your an adult, or at least pretending to be one. So why should the rest of us hold your hand and give you an excuse to blame your lack of motivation, education, intelligence, understanding, or abilities on others. IT'S YOUR ISSUE, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, SO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! Are there ways to do this, yes; and are there people here who are willing to help? Absolutely!!! There are many of us here who try to teach, and help you guys be better providers, and clinicians! If you have no interest in any of the things I mentioned. Go work in an industry where your lack of 'motivation' and complacency won't cause harm to someones family members and friends. WHAT WE DO EFFECTS LIVES IN A REAL WAY!!! THERE ARE MORE THAN A FEW INSTANCES WHERE WE MAKE LIFE, AND DEATH DECISIONS AND EFFECT OUTCOMES IN REAL AND OFTEN PERMENANT WAYS FOR SOMEONE WHO OFTEN WE HAVE JUST MET!!!

Think about it.... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) None of this I'm a FF I'm better...I'm a moron..watch me post nonsense and flame people.....

{climbs off his soapbox and relequishes the mic for a short time}

OUT HERE,

ACE844

Hides behind pyramid of cans...

Really, are we done yet?

I don't think we are... it's pretty evident that our opinions are what gets us into trouble. What's also evident is the fact that our opinions construct this whole website.

Anyways, i've just been stung by a bee and I'm gonna go take care of that now...