The glucagon discussion

whit72

Side note...since this thread is taking a odd turn down "Im going to get locked" alley...

For the medics...

When intubating, have you ever lacerated the vocal chords? I had a medic jam the tube in so hard, he tore up the esophegial lining, and blew the tube...

I had never seen this. Insight?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say if he tore the esophageal lining he wasn't close to getting the tube to begin with.

While the passing of a ETT through the vocal cords can potentially be a traumatic experience for the tissue, I don't know of any case where a laceration of the cords has happened. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I just haven't heard or read about it.

FWIW.

And please lock this thread, soon!!!!

-be safe.

I'd say if he tore the esophageal lining he wasn't close to getting the tube to begin with.

While the passing of a ETT through the vocal cords can potentially be a traumatic experience for the tissue, I don't know of any case where a laceration of the cords has happened. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I just haven't heard or read about it.

FWIW.

And please lock this thread, soon!!!!

-be safe.

What if I was to say there was Sub-Q emphesema on the R side of the neck after the tube was attempted? Wasnt there when i first started to bag...

That's fine. We could do without your opinions, or thoughts of me.

I believe in the protocol post I questioned more then one of the protocols in use. Did I not.

I need to know my role, if you read some of my previous posts before the glucagon discussion. I know exactly what my role is, and I work with the tools I have been provided.

You believe what you believe that does not change the facts. The medications are there whether right or wrong. I don't have the time to stand outside the dept. of health with a sign stating I am EMT with 140 hours of training, could you please re think your reasoning behind allowing us to administer glucagon my

friend PRPG doesn't agree with it.

If you have the time by all means have at it.

My views on education mirror yours but we have to work with what we have been given. If the states don't mandate it. It will never happen.

What if I was to say there was Sub-Q emphesema on the R side of the neck after the tube was attempted? Wasnt there when i first started to bag...

Hey PRPG, did the medic use a stylet? I have never seen a tube do that much damage but a stylet pushed too far down the tube past the eyelet might cause the damage you described.

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

That's fine. We could do without your opinions, or thoughts of me.

I believe in the protocol post I questioned more then one of the protocols in use. Did I not.

I need to know my role, if you read some of my previous posts before the glucagon discussion. I know exactly what my role is, and I work with the tools I have been provided.

You believe what you believe that does not change the facts. The medications are there whether right or wrong. I don't have the time to stand outside the dept. of health with a sign stating I am EMT with 140 hours of training, could you please re think your reasoning behind allowing us to administer glucagon my

friend PRPG doesn't agree with it.

If you have the time by all means have at it.

My views on education mirror yours but we have to work with what we have been given. If the states don't mandate it. It will never happen.

Im going to remind you who came after who tonight.

I made the statements initially regarding education. You hammered me. I hammered back. Welcome to public forums. Put on a cup before you hit the city lines, not everyone will agree with you.

Ask dust. We've disgagreed til blue in the face til we both realized we werent changing our views.

Im not changing my style of writing or opinions. This is a public forum. I have mine, you have yours, and everyone else has....everyone else. Recognnize your going to get tore up if your wrong. Accept it and move on. I have to give you credit in one aspect. Your persistent.

Sit back and learn from the incredible talent coursing this site. You too can become better Whitticus.

XoXo

Mr. "23"

I'd have to ask what the nature of the call was before speculating on the source of injury (and given what we know so far it's presumptuous at this point to assume there was injury cause by the intubation attempt).

What was up with the patient? Age and nature of the call?

-be safe.

Hey PRPG, did the medic use a stylet? I have never seen a tube do that much damage but a stylet pushed too far down the tube past the eyelet might cause the damage you described.

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

Yes.

21 year old OD arrest (the magic herion / fentanyl weve heard so much about), asystole on the arrival.

I set up the stylet. It was bent off at the top of the tube, with the end of the stylet and the end of the tube at the same length.

Also, afterwards, there was a pretty Red foamy goo coming from the airway, which was initially clean.

WEIRD.