The glucagon discussion

whit72

And now you have the expertise to judge doctors and nurses. Earth to PRPGfirerescuetech I think you have gone to long without oxygen. Even myself with my strong opinions would never make such a derogatory statement encompassing a whole field oh sorry make that two fields. You cant make such a broad statement. Stand clear of PRPG its gonna get hot in here.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I remeber when I was 23 and thought I new everything, so I guess we can let that slide. I have been in EMS since you were 10. So talk to me when you don't live in your parents basement.

Please when you make a comment about EMTs, paramedics, docs, and nurses please use in your opinion. Cause at the tender age of 23 I highly doubt you have the experience to make statements about the whole EMS field.

Well I remeber when I was 23 and thought I new everything, so I guess we can let that slide. I have been in EMS since you were 10. So talk to me when you don't live in your parents basement.

Please when you make a comment about EMTs, paramedics, docs, and nurses please use in your opinion. Cause at the tender age of 23 I highly doubt you have the experience to make statements about the whole EMS field.

Wow...this thread degraded quickly.

So, you back up your statements yet again with a decisive lack of information, by trying to tell me your experience stands for itself?

Whit, this is simple.

Respect is earned, not expected. I have earned the respect of providers who you'd be lucky to breathe around.

You have not earned mine.

When you have, I will regard you as a step above the trash I pick up on a daily basis. Yil then...well.....you know where you stand.

Come to these boards, defend you opinion with logic, fact, and not opinion based around a protocol driven medicine that doesnt allow for thought, and you wont get torn up with everystatement you make.

Just a 23 year old youngins reccomendation to someone who would be lucky to get a grip and realize the truths about something you do for a living.

PRPG

I did not intend to fan the flames. Whit72, easy, he clarified he position. I would not have been hurt in the least if somebody were to tell me that my education did not teach me good assessment techniques. (for all we know I am 10 years old and have good google fu kata techniques) We all have opinions and sometimes you have to say, I see what you are saying, but I disagree, and we can both agree to disagree. We do not need to get bent out of shape over some discussion on a public forum. I think there has been some good discussion and points that we can all take home and consider, but it looks like there will be some disagreement at the end of the day. I have my thoughts regarding what skills and procedures EMT's should perform, and I will continue to push for improved education for EMT's and paramedics and improved access to ALS care, (paramedic care) and you can push for your future vision of EMS. In any event it's time for me to get my butt to work.

Take care,

chbare.

Well I remember when I was 23 and thought I new everything, so I guess we can let that slide. I have been in EMS since you were 10. So talk to me when you don't live in your parents basement.

Wow.. so that means I was in EMS 18 years prior to you even knew what EMT was? So does that does that mean I am now the alpha male dominance? Should we go mark some trees or something? I do know that experience is essential; however only good experience really counts. If you have education, one can always obtain experience, the opposite is not true. Give me an educated person, it will not be long until they have the essential experience.

Can you imagine if we had followers like you, where EMS would be? Telemetry and bicarb would be still routine, never challenge the system or back it up with educational facts. Status quo....

Short and simple.. basics have their place..as providers in very remote communities. Otherwise they are only trained as to provide initial care as first responders, again compare it with advanced first aid, very little changes. The curriculum is and has never been detailed enough to provide any additional skills, care. If one wants to become advanced, then on should perform an advanced class with proper curriculum to do so, but these EMT's would no longer be considered basics, rather they are now advanced. One call the color purple green if they want, it still does not change what it truly is. I don't care what state, area, region one is located, right is right and wrong is wrong. Ignoring or denying it does not alter or change the fact.

R/r 911

So, you back up your statements yet again with a decisive lack of information, by trying to tell me your experience stands for itself?

You no nothing of my experience.

Respect is earned, not expected. I have earned the respect of providers who you'd be lucky to breathe around.

Oh people Id be lucky enough to breathe around, Im so jealous.... You must be so impressive, It is my complete honor to share this board with you..........now why dont you gab your hundred dollar stethescope, and go grab that dialysis pt.

You have not earned mine.

I am crushed thats my sole reason for living, to earn the respect of a 23yo know it all.

When you have, I will regard you as a step above the trash I pick up on a daily basis. Yil then...well.....you know where you stand.

Thanks I wasnt sure where I should stand around such seasoned veterans like yourself. It would start with one foot in your ass.

Just a 23 year old youngins reccomendation to someone who would be lucky to get a grip and realize the truths about something you do for a living.

I am quite familiar with the truths of what I do. Thanks for the recomendation junior.

Did Imake this personal, no I didnt review the post please. If its get locked it gets locked, but review who started the assault.

PRG wrote:

That statement screams maturity.

Thank you.

Did Imake this personal, no I didnt review the post please. If its get locked it gets locked, but review who started the assault.

PRG wrote:

That statement screams maturity.

Thank you.

That statement was used as an illustration to my point. I stand behind it. Sometimes in life, you need to "man up" and know your role in the grand scheme of life.

We need EMT's. Period.

We need medics...period.

We just need them with educations that suit providing emergency medical treatments in the field.

At this point, the baseline education for both levels of provider is inadequate. At least the ALS program is of the level where the BLS level should be.

XoXo

The 23 year old PRPG