Young people in EMS and evidence against it

Asysin2leads

To bad they closed the thread, I was going to have some fun! She is an inmature twit that has no business on an ambulance. Anyone wanna take bets on how long she lasts before she a)kills someone, b)gets killed by not watching her scene safety, or c) gets run off???????

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, after reading all of her posts i have come to several conclusions. First of all, I do doubt that this girl is involved in EMS or fire as much as she leads on to be. She started by saying she saved a burn pt. last night which then turned into a smoke inhalation/resp. distress. Secondly, if i ever ran into a burning building without BA.let alone by myself my firefighting days would be over I'm sure. If its true, its great she saved a kid but like we all learned very early on in school, don't try and be a hero, safety first because we're no good as a rescuer if we go down with the pt. As far as the whole age issue, I am on the fence about it. I started into EMS at 18 and became a paramedic at 22 (I'm only 23 right now). I know i am good at my job and always have been, but i have seen some young people get into the job that shouldn't be. I believe that a large number of the young people who get into EMS do it for the wrong reasons, thinking its going to be all glory, they want to drive fast with lights and sirens, where a uniform and be a hero, i think this girl is a perfect example of that.

Out of curiosity what is the age requirements for most levels in the US? Here in Alberta we have 3 levels of training, EMR, EMT-A and Paramedic (EMT-P), The minimum age for all levels is 18 and each level is a pre-req for the next. That does keep the age up a slightly for ALS practitioners but it is still possible to become a paramedic at 20 or 21 if you go straight through. That brings me to my next point. What is every ones view on people going straight from BLS training to paramedicine without working (and i mean working full time emerg cars not just doing practicums). I am a strong believer that there should be at least 2 years BLS experience before being accepted into a paramedic program. There are certain things that can only be taught/experienced on the streets and not in a classroom and i think it's important to gain this experience before furthering your training.

Anyways that's my rant! :-({|= , looking forward to hearing everyone elses views.

Shozzy

:shock:

wow asys...good job trying to explain your point...

just...wow.....

there's nothing I can add that hasn't already been said.

Looking back, the younger kids in our class--20,21--did not finish...none of them. The youngest to finish was 24. At the end, each and every one of the 'young 'uns' blamed everyone else for not getting their hours in, not one of them took responsibilty for themselves....

interesting......

It is simple .. she was a whacker and F.O.S. She got caught by Asysin2leads, therefore she got offensive. She was getting attention by members of the forum. I don't know how many there is out there pretending to be something there not. Do they really think we don't know what is real and fake ?...

For example, "running into a burning house" geez.. give me a break.. the next line would be faster than a speeding bullet.

The only truthful statement she probably stated was she was in high school. Might have taken a F/R or a basic course... that's all.

The same is even on this site declaring that as a basic or Intermediates makes more than Paramedics....and talk about their education level, when they misspelled the word education, or announcing that they have failed a written test 8 times. Please, I don't find these offensive anymore, but humorous. It is a shame that poor pathetic people with delusions of grandeur do not realize, there are some of us that really know about EMS. Apparently their life is so horrible that they have to try to set at a computer and google all the proper sayings to make them sound impressive.

The same as in the chat rooms, when discussing license levels. Please, it is easier to be honest, and state you are either a novice, never been in an ambulance, or just watch the show Paramedics than to claim to be one or a flight paramedic, and not be able to answer questions when debated. It is easier to chat with you and talk about things. People here are really nice, but do not try to"hood wink" them. Most are really truly, knowledgeable experience medics and do not appreciate bull sh*t. Just be honest, ask appropiate questions, there is a wealth of experience and knowledge here.. and the medics love to help you out.... just be honest.

Be safe,

R/R 911

It is simple .. she was a whacker and F.O.S. She got caught by Asysin2leads, therefore she got offensive. She was getting attention by members of the forum. I don't know how many there is out there pretending to be something there not. Do they really think we don't know what is real and fake ?...

For example, "running into a burning house" geez.. give me a break.. the next line would be faster than a speeding bullet.

The only truthful statement she probably stated was she was in high school. Might have taken a F/R or a basic course... that's all.

The same is even on this site declaring that as a basic or Intermediates makes more than Paramedics....and talk about their education level, when they misspelled the word education, or announcing that they have failed a written test 8 times. Please, I don't find these offensive anymore, but humorous. It is a shame that poor pathetic people with delusions of grandeur do not realize, there are some of us that really know about EMS. Apparently their life is so horrible that they have to try to set at a computer and google all the proper sayings to make them sound impressive.

The same as in the chat rooms, when discussing license levels. Please, it is easier to be honest, and state you are either a novice, never been in an ambulance, or just watch the show Paramedics than to claim to be one or a flight paramedic, and not be able to answer questions when debated. It is easier to chat with you and talk about things. People here are really nice, but do not try to"hood wink" them. Most are really truly, knowledgeable experience medics and do not appreciate bull sh*t. Just be honest, ask appropiate questions, there is a wealth of experience and knowledge here.. and the medics love to help you out.... just be honest.

Be safe,

R/R 911

:cheers: :thumbup:

mmhm right, and telling people older then you to f off shows that you have tons of respect and maturity... :?

a pet peeve of mine: people who know that they've done or said something wrong, and then when approached about it will turn it back on you and remind you of all the wrong things you have said and done in the past, related or not.

Be safe,

R/R 911

+1 for another well written post coming from Rid. You are 100% right about being able to tell who actually practices and what level they practice at from the way they conduct themselves or explain things in their posts. People should remember that on a message board such as this a written word is as good as a spoken word. The way you compose your posts has a direct impact on people's impressions of you.

Shane

NREMT-P

My name is Matthew Carter and I'm the administrator of Public Safety Talk. I've went ahead and reopened the thread so others may post their thoughts, etc. on this matter. Please express your thoughts in a professional manner.

IMO - I seriously doubt that sleepy*doc*whatever is really involved in EMS or FIRE at all - but who knows. I've never heard of a medic program allowing anyone still in high school to participate nor a trained firefighter running into a fire without scba.

Asysin2leads, you speak your mind and I respect that. I respect your opinions and hope to see you around the site frequently.

Matt

I'm guessing that pages 2/3/4 have most of the meat of that thread. I'm at work and it comes us as a banned site for weighted phrase content. I'll have to wait until I get home.

One thing I did pick up on is, and this is for Matt the admin, you say that you respect asys and his opinions so why is one of your moderators posting that your site will have to revue his involvement in your site?

I spent some time "over there" this afternoon and I found it to be quite humerous. A lot of whiny people and a lot of bitching back and forth on who is better than who and that EMT's should be able to start IV's because "it just needs to be done", etc., etc. I may go back for a laugh every now and then. HEY DUST, go check it out, you would have a field day!!!!!!!!!!!!