Young people in EMS and evidence against it

Asysin2leads

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) Lets not air other people's dirty laundry on this site. What happens on one site should stay on that site.

2.) Yes while I do agree sleepy doc was immature in her posts and rants what I want to know is who is supplying the alcohol. Besides I smell BS right from the start. How does she take full AP courses, work full-time to support herself, and take 3 nights of Paramedical courses. It just doesnt seem possible, and she has time to drink in all of this? Truth is many apartment complexes will not let you rent an apartment until your 21 due to their insurance policies, and those who are living on their own apartment at 18, Im willing to bet my bottom dollar that mom or dad probably signed the contract, the apartment is under the parents name but the child is paying part or all of the rent. Again what her living situation described is not possible in my mind.

3.) Please lets not discuss the "What should be the minimum age for EMS?" I think we've discussed that enough, everyone has their opinion, and many will not budge. So please lets move on and this thead needs to die of natural causes.

4.) I think its that time of year where life is so hectic it begins to bleed out over the internet, lets all throw back a shot and call it good. :D

Alco

This coming from someone who has admitted alcohol problem ( refer to user name ) as well as someone who always has an opinion on ems, but has never worked in the industry. Sorry but it's true.

Can you explain how your bias and prejudice is any better than racism?

There is no bias and prejudice. It's a fact. Trust me...I live in rural America and see it on a daily basis. I also technically "live" in the south. I wouldn't be prejudice or bias in a negative manner against myself. You can deny it all you want, but much of America is still heavily racist. I'm just saying that it seems to be worst in several different regions of the country. I can't tell you how many times I hear the "N" word in a day.

Anyway, back to my question. "How was Martin Luther King Jr. a charlatan?"

This coming from someone who has admitted alcohol problem ( refer to user name ) as well as someone who always has an opinion on ems, but has never worked in the industry. Sorry but it's true.

Dude, not cool...................You haven't been here long enough to even remotely know anyone. She was offering her opinion, she has that right, just as you do. But what you cannot and will not do is start making preemptive personal attacks on someone because you do not agree. I believe an apology is in order...................

There is no bias and prejudice. It's a fact. Trust me...I live in rural America and see it on a daily basis.

The fact remains that you are generalizing a group of people based upon personal perceptions. Prejudice.

On the other hand, I am stating only opinion about one man based upon his own personal history.

That makes you the bigot.

The fact remains that you are generalizing a group of people based upon personal perceptions. Prejudice.

On the other hand, I am stating only opinion about one man based upon his own personal history.

That makes you the bigot.

It's a fact, something many people would like to forget, especially the south. I doubt most people would object to my notion. Prejudice also requires a belief to be "irrational," of which my claims are not. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that racism still exist, ESPECIALLY in the deep south.

You've still failed to justify your response about MLK. Your "opinion about one man based upon his own personal history" could be considered prejudice. I know of no personal history that would make the man a "charlatan." Please educate me.

I'll remind you that a charlatan is " a person who makes elaborate, fraudulent, and often voluble claims to skill or knowledge; a quack or fraud."

Let me remind everyone that Dr. King received his Ph.D in Systematic Theology from Boston University. He also won the Nobel Peace Prize before his assassination and then posthumously the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Jimmy Carter, a peanut farmer from Georgia (not everyone from our neck of the woods is an ignorant redneck). Those are some hefty accomplishments for a charlatan. His claims about racism sure were true.

a "charlatan." Please educate me.

I'll remind you that a charlatan is " a person who makes elaborate, fraudulent, and often voluble claims to skill or knowledge; a quack or fraud."

Let me remind everyone that Dr. King received his Ph.D in Systematic Theology from Boston University.

Hi UMSTUDENT --

If you put the words "king" and "plagiarism" into google, you'll get an earful. Also there's this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087319045...ce&n=283155

I don't have the resources to follow up on this topic here just now, but that's at least a start.

It's a fact, something many people would like to forget, especially the south.

What century are you living in?

I doubt most people would object to my notion.

I doubt you have a clue what most people object to. I doubt you have bothered to ask them. And if you actually knew what you were talking about, it would be more than a simple notion. Regardless, you are making broad generalizations of an entire class of people. You can spin your lame college-boy pseudo-intellectual logic here all day, but that doesn't change the fact that you are engaging in bigotry, which invalidates your entire line of discussion.

Prejudice also requires a belief to be "irrational," of which my claims are not.

The road to recovery first requires that you admit you have a problem. You seem to be the only person who cannot see it.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that racism still exist, ESPECIALLY in the deep south.

Please point us towards recently scientifically validated studies which irrefutably demonstrate more racism in the South than anywhere else in the nation. Or is this just another one of your bigoted "notions?"

You've still failed to justify your response about MLK.

And you've failed to demonstrate any reason that I need to justify my personal beliefs to a bigot like yourself.

Your "opinion about one man based upon his own personal history" could be considered prejudice.

No. It could be considered incorrect. However, with no knowledge of my personal character, you have no right to consider it prejudice. And unlike yourself, if I was prejudiced in this matter, I would have the guts to say so publicly.

I know of no personal history that would make the man a "charlatan." Please educate me.

Not my job. That's what you're paying UM for. Send me a check, and I'll consider it.

You're going to presume to educate me on the English language? Ha!

Let me remind everyone that Dr. King received his Ph.D in Systematic Theology from Boston University. He also won the Nobel Peace Prize before his assassination and then posthumously the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Jimmy Carter, a peanut farmer from Georgia (not everyone from our neck of the woods is an ignorant redneck). Those are some hefty accomplishments for a charlatan.

And let me remind everyone that Yassir Arafat won a Nobel Peace Price. The posthumous accolades are meaningless pandering from a failed president.

Dust,your ignorance speaks for itself. The burning churches in Alabama, while they have affected both races almost equally, show that the problem still exist. If you don't believe that America still has a problem with race then you're not living in reality, let alone the proper century. You've failed to back-up your claims. You've just slung around a bunch of wild claims. The only person supporting you is yourself. You call me a bigot, but you've failed to show me why racism doesn't exist. The burden of proof doesn't lie with me, but on the person whom diverts an entire conversation to answer a rhetorical statement with an obviously gaudy, controversial remark. All so you can find out if some "chick is hott?"

We all know you're a smartass, but I'm wondering why every conversation has to be subjected to it. I agree with a lot of what you say, but not necessarily everything. Your sarcasm and witty remarks have a place, but not in regards to a subject so sensitive as race. Regardless of whatever indiscretions Martin Luther King made in his life, he is revered by a generation of Americans as a hero of civil rights. His life and death profoundly affected our nation and the future of millions upon millions of black Americans. While you were at it, you took a stab at Jimmy Carter, another great American.

The point of the "original" conversation revolved around the exploits of a young, inexperienced girl trying to make it in EMS. My initial comments were to deter the community here from finding it necessary to debate over something so trivial as the actions of an 18 year old girl, that for many of them, is hundreds of miles away. Why concern ourselves here, a place where progress is trying to be made, with something so stupid?