Arff312

Do you use Tobacco ?  

41 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes I chew.
    • Yes I smoke.
    • I occasionally chew.
    • I occasionally smoke.

Absolutely tunnelrat, I have many friends in the local rural fire departments and a lot of them are smokers and I yell at them when they finish their fire call and stand around smoking after it. I'll never understand it that's for sure.

I don;t do smoke or chew...my grandparents died of cancer and my dad is in remission from it...and now he has emphyzema so i am all set with it...i think its a disgusting habit esp when you are an EMT and you see it everyday...you should listen to your own lungs...just my thoughts...

Yeah, unfortunately, I smoke. I smoke too much. I have tried to quit several times with no luck.

I do smoke at work, however I only smoke in designated smoking areas. And I agree.... I wouldn't be surprised if EMS is mandated to be smoke free soon.....

I smoke and occasionally chew out on wildland fires as to not risk starting a secondary fire. Nothing irritates me more that watching a person smoke on a fire and then throw his butt out the window or on the ground. I have been trying to quit and am down to 1 pack every four or five days. Don't smoke in our house, rigs or any building, only outside in designated areas. Hopefully I can kick it soon.

I used to smoke about two and one half packs a day when I was a corrections officer. Just sit on the tower and smoke all day. Then I watched my dad hold a lit cigarette to the trache hole in his throat and smoke and it sorta did something to me. Quit soon after.

I smoke, but only like a pack a week. Mainly at work. I use smokeless tobacco( tobacco, not that powdered snuff stuff) a lot more frequently though. But never on a call-thats just plain, outright, unprofessional. I would love to quit it all though. If for no other reason--it would save me around 75-100 dollars a month. Hey, that money could make a camper payment :shock:

I smoke, but only like a pack a week. Mainly at work. I use smokeless tobacco( tobacco, not that powdered snuff stuff) a lot more frequently though. But never on a call-thats just plain, outright, unprofessional. I would love to quit it all though. If for no other reason--it would save me around 75-100 dollars a month. Hey, that money could make a camper payment :shock:

AMEN!!! only, I would save ALOT more than that.... I some about a pack and a half a day! That is equal to about $6.75 a day!!!

$2463 a year :!: :!: :!:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.