Robert Frazier

rfrazier

Yeah, sad turn of events. Doesn't make for pleasant reading.

I must say, I was never under the impression that KM was a paramedic - nor a HEMS Doc. I am not sure I can't recall a (serious) post where he stated he was. Insinuated? Perhaps, but stated?? I could be wrong of course.

'Medic' outside the military and the US, can have different meanings around a similar theme. In the UK for example, it is often reserved for first aiders that want to give themselves a flashier title on EMS forums. Just like 'EMT' which is also overused, and has no specific credentials associated with it - unlike in the US.

Yes he fought for the cause of the hitherto unknown NZ EMS provider, but maybe that speaks more of wanting to put his part of the world on the map. Who doesn't?

It should be noted that the clinical components of his posts were not entirely inaccurate. Though perhaps it was a little unfair to have people mislead in other respects. Whether that was the intention or not, or just another long line of piss takes from a forum alter-ego, I cannot say.

I hope it blows over.

Edited by scott33
  • Like 1

Kiwi, you wanna clarify: What is your actual level of education EMS-wise?

Mate, this really comes as a shock, since I myself, was under the imminent impression for you to be a Paramedic - and I think I had got every reason to believe that.

Looking back, it`s true, you seldomly directly described yourself as a Paramedic. But there have been occasions, man.

I really can`t fucking believe it?!

Kiwi...??? are you even in NZ?

you know a lot of people tolerate your arrogance, "talking the piss", because you had some pretty solid post. There was no reason that I would of ever thought that you were not a Medic. I am truly at a loss of words. Because as others have said, with the type of forum that this is, what you say here is taken not only did you research it, but also had some type of practical experience with the knowledge that you share here. Had I known, that you were not a Medic I probably would not care. You apparently have a good science background and a good understanding of "para-medicine". that in itself can be a valuable asset, maybe to give a young Medic/EMT a resource to to go to for a science based answer. But it would be nice to know that this is all booked based knowledge and not that of personal accounts/experience.

I am really taken back as well that you were giving this guy the dump load of shit, for his mis-representations. Whether it is by omission, stating that you are when you are not, or whatever...if you put forth the effort to present yourself as something, and you are not it is a misrepresentation no matter how you look at it.

MongoMedic

Certified Texas Paramedic (exp. 2013), ACLS Instructor (not the best in the world but still am one), Currently a Remote Duty Medic/Clinic Manager in Khushuut, Mongolia

What the hell happen to this topic. Illegal right turn it made... I see that everyone assumed that Kiwimedic is a medic. I guess I was the only one that asked Kiwi if he was a medic? That can easily happen considering his handle name and the great knowledge Kiwi has for EMS. I was in chat with kiwi one time. I like kiwi, he makes me laugh all the time and I always love what he has to say. One hell of a imagination he has. Just like most of the people here. So I did ask. He said he is not a medic. I never did wonder why I never asked why the medic at the end of Kiwi until now. It really does not bother me. A handle is a Handle. My brother gaming handle is Violenterror. Does that mean he is a violent terrorist (bad example I know) lol it made me chuckle.

Also for the record. this dude Robert, has not yet answered. Something fishy about that. No respect in my book.

Well that was my 2 cents.

Denny

I'll be one to admit that I assumed Kiwi was indeed in some way formally attached to pre-hospital care. I go by the phrase "trust, but verify." Of course, I don't know Kiwi all that well, besides a few exchanged words in chat (If I remember correctly). I can't recall a post where I saw him expressly identify as someone who had formal EMS credentials.

To me, it doesn't make much of a difference. I personally (with no offense to anyone--I'm sure you can understand) would verify anything I solely learned from the Internet, professional forum or otherwise before applying it to a real patient. That's just common sense in my books.

As for the original threads topic and Kiwi's accusations of such, I can't really comment. I wasn't able to follow it all that well. In my mind, he's just a guy that doesn't realize some of the negative implications of posting his real world identification on the Internet. In any event and in following with what I originally said, I'd verify (via an instructor, medical director, preceptor or otherwise--that's not to imply that I have the latter two yet) what I learned here before using it in the real world. So having or not having real world credentials is merely a plus and not a necessity to me in terms of learning valuable information.

So much for allowint the string to die.

MODERATORS! Please lock this string, before someone gets hurt!

Let it live. After all the calling out KIWI did of Robert I would like for him to explain what qualifications he has. He has called himself a medic. He has refererred to doing advanced procedures. He chose to start the witchhunt now time for him to provide his true background. I hope he does respond honestly because I do feel he provides good posts but we deserve to know the truth.

• Like 2

You'll notice that it is a moderator who is doing some of the inquiry. Thanks for the 64 point font, Richard... I think this is a valid discussion string that needs to be looked at further before it is locked. Apart from all the pissing about the OP, it has now turned into a legitimate seeking of information about Kiwi's status, due to some obviously not limited confusion.

Wendy

CO EMT-B