Run Run Run Faster than my bullets can ...............

flamingemt2011

Not hyperbole, it is facts. I think we can all agree that the divorce rate is around 50%, here are some stats about what that creates:

http://www.civitas.o...experiments.php

and that is in the UK, which has a more socialized type of government and has a better safety net than the US.

To those who say this is the norm, that society pushes the boundaries every year. I agree, but look at the crime statistics of teenagers in the 50s versus today. If you do not think that the angry lyrics in rap music do not influence young gang members you have your head in the sand.

What would some self-righteous child of privilege know about what influences gang members? Oh, I'm sorry, flamingemt, are you from the 'hood? Did you get out of the life but don't want to see your little homies go down the same path?

I sense some deep rooted issues about relationships and families here. Someone didn't get hugged enough. Or maybe a little too much. You really are giving gay rights activists a bad name. Take your psychological issues some place else.

• Like 1

Not hyperbole, it is facts. I think we can all agree that the divorce rate is around 50%, here are some stats about what that creates:

http://www.civitas.o...experiments.php

and that is in the UK, which has a more socialized type of government and has a better safety net than the US.

To those who say this is the norm, that society pushes the boundaries every year. I agree, but look at the crime statistics of teenagers in the 50s versus today. If you do not think that the angry lyrics in rap music do not influence young gang members you have your head in the sand.

No, these aren't facts. There is not a provable cause and effect of song lyrics and poor behavior, but any reasonable person can INFER that this is a factor in the equation.

It's a lot more complicated than song lyrics. It's a general deterioration in our society- in standards, morals, ethics, and it's a push that started back in the 60's. Since that time there has been a slow but steady shift away from personal responsibility. Since that time, we "learned" that thanks to pop psychology fads, we can blame all our problems as adults on our parents and absolve ourselves of responsibility for the stupid decisions we make. We "learned" that we are all responsible for things our ancestors did centuries ago in regards to slavery. We "learned" that nobody has the "right" to cramp our style, or tell us what to do. We "learned" that we don't have to stay in school, work hard, support ourselves or our families or even live within our means, because the government will take care of us from the cradle to the grave.

And we also "learned" that even if we have a head full of screwed up wiring, we can blame our behavior on mom not breast feeding us as a child, or on violent video games or music, and some idiot who is an alleged expert will actually support and even promote such an opinion.

The divorce rate in America for first marriage, vs second or third marriage

50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end indivorce, according to Jennifer Baker of the

http://www.divorcerate.org/

I call anyone attacking heterosexual couples on Christmas eve to be a lonely, bitter, little troll. I feel so bad for you. You're like the little kid in the corner throwing things at the rest of the world because he didn't get what he wanted for Christmas. You need to grow up.

• Like 3

Because most of you heterosexuals like to procreate and then abandon your wife and kid, leaving the child to be raised by no one (because the mom is at work all the time), you have to protect children from these influences. Violent songs create violent actions, especially in the young.

Seriously what planet are you fom. You come to these forums and call us bigots you arse and the above is the most biggoted statement I have seen in a long time. My son spent most of his life on the computer, playing all the games that people thought should be banned and watching the most violent and sex full movies. He lives on his own, owns a truck, plays music, produces music with his friends, he went to collage, he works full time (outside) and he has asperations to join the RCMP. So produce the stats, and so you know peckerhead (i just wanted to call you that)

I don't know. I think I am going to have to agree with Flaming. Listening to 2 Live Crew in the early 90s made me want to go out and tap a bitch. I guess it may have been the hormones of a 15 year old, suburban white boy, but no, it was probably the music. Good thing I was never able to find one. No big deal if I had, it was obviously the skimpy clothes she was wearing that made me do it. Combine the music and the clothes and what is a guy supposed to do? It's not like I was responsible for my actions or anything.

As for the divorce rate, so what. Just because 2 people are divorced doesn't mean they can't take care of their kids. Let's say that the divorce rate really is 50%. What percent of them turn out good kids and what percent turn out kids with problems?

Someone in the service related the other day, after a suicide-attempt call, a similar thought process on the song "If I Die Young". Stating that it sounds like a tale of teen suicide. Possibly. But it's a catchy tune, in fact I usually sing along... and I have not yet had the urge to kill myself.

Just sayin'

Edited by 2c4

When the 'cop killer' song came out and was viciously attacked in the media I dedicated myself to listening to nothing but rap music for a few weeks, so that I would have my own opinion instead of accepting the sound bites from the talking heads. And you know what I discovered? A bunch of horrible, soul eating stories told by kids from one type or another of poor, dangerous, dehumanized neighborhoods.

They were terrible stories, but stories that absolutely had a ring of truth in them. I once trained police dogs for officers in the LAPD. One of the LEOs that worked the ghettos told me one day, "You want to know our deep dark secret? Every cop wants to shoot someone before they retire. We get so fucking tired of putting up with shit from those animals every day, having our cars shot without being able to retaliate, that everyone wants just be able to shoot someone." I get his attitude, but I also get the attitude it breeds in those that are writing these songs.

Instead of spending our time and effort figuring out how to ban the emotional/intellectual products of those that live in an American war zone, how about if we instead work to create a society where they will be unable to have such tragic stories to tell?

Flaming is unable to see any problem, or solution, that doesn't involve hate and anger. But we can't hate these problems away. I tend to believe that the solution begins best when they're founded in love, but I don't believe that that is even necessary. But a process that demands measurable accountability would certainly be helpful.

Dwayne

Try this sound bite Dwayne:

Apparently this guy came from the "hood" too and overcame the oppression.