FDNY*EMS What If's

10-52-EDP

FUNNY IT SEEMS THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS A PROBLEM WITH MY CAPS LOCK I TYPE LIKE THIS SO FELLOW MY MEMBERS CAN SEE IT MORE CLEARLY

- AS FOR THE WHOLE ALS vs. BLS SITUATION THOSE WERE QUESTIONS AND OPINIONS

- I DO TAKE YOUR STATEMENT THE WRONG WAY ITS OFFENSIVE AND ONLY THAT OF AND ASS WOULD SAY SUCH A THING.

- SO NEXT TIME YOU POST SOMETHING THAT A DEEP BREATH, THINK

Responding to another posting on this string, RNs are not in the plan because the FDNY doesn't usually have RNs in the field, just at the Bureau of Health Services. At least one of these nurses used to be an EMT, by the way.

If there are RNs in the field with FDNY, I am unaware of them, however, this doesn't mean they aren't out there somewhere within my system.

• 1 year later...

Updating on this string, especially with the "Mensa Medic" concept...Seems now, the local, 2507 (EMTs and Paramedics of the FDNY) of DC 37 AFSCME, is pushing the concept of single medic with an EMT, as a way to get more Paramedic ambulances out there without hiring more personnel, or having many people manning the additional ambulances on forced overtime. More as I get the information in.

One of the drugs in the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" kits that each FDNY EMS Ambulance is supposed to have on board, in auto-injector syringes. It is supposed to be used for Nerve gas attacks.

The kits are numbered seal closed, so I hope to never see the inside of the kit.

Yep I thought you were talking about 2-Pam. And I hope you never have to use them either. Its good though to see all EMS units carrying them in FDNY. I thought only Haz-Tac units carried them.

Somedic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.