For our Liberal friends...

DwayneEMTP

How so?? Can you actually explain this or are you just shooting your mouth off?

Dwayne

Edit. Heh, I was just reading the 'other' thread thinking, "I can't believe everyone is chasing Crotchity all over again." And then when I hit submit here I thought, "Them? When was the last time he actually replied to one of YOUR questions?" Kudos Crotichity for getting a bunch of literate, mostly intelligent folks to follow your blather all over without ever being forced to make a point. You would make an excellent politician.

You make a good point Dwayne, I haven't received answers to some of my questions to crotchity so I'm not going to put myself through the discussion with him.

But I'm surprised that he hasn't come here saying we're all racist based on this song.

Its not the Republicans, Democrats, Liberalists, Tea, Independent, Rent is too Damn High, Conservatists, Green, Red, or Working Families Parties who've messed this Country up. We have the highest unemployment rate ever. We're still looking for Osama & in the "War on Terror." SSI is near bankrupt. Medicaid & Medicare is on its critical low. Businesses are lost. Civil Services are cut due to Budget Crisis. Crime has gone up in all cities. Taxes have been slowly climbing. Veterans get no help. Child Abuse still prevelant. School systems in many cities are overcrowded. Kids are uneducated. No child left behind Act; HS Students reading at a 5th Grade Level. Racism still here. Civil unrest. Inequality. Corruption. HS Graduation on the decline. College Grads unskilled and inexperience; moving back home. Cost of Living at it all time high. Don't Ask Don't Tell. Heathcare Reform. Bailouts. Homelessness. Mortgage Underwater and Foreclosed. Airport Patdown & Bodyscanners. Poor Healthcare. Embezzlement. Bankruptcy. Anti-Semetic. KKK. Elder Abuse. Police brutality. Obesity. Welfare recipients on the rise. Teenage drugs & sex. Laziness. ETC.

Our Country's decline is not because of Political Party, Race, Ethnic Background, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Socio-Economic Status, Age, Region of Residence, Marital Status, Nuclear Familial Status, Credit Score, Banking Balance, etc. It all stems down to one cause of the decline. People! People have done all this. That is & will always be the REASON...

Whew!!! Thought you were going for a Billy Joel remix there for a minute....We didn't start the fire....

Yes AK. Is exactly right. We did this. People did, not the environment or religions or lack of religions, people are people and in the end it is people who are responsible

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Its not the Republicans, Democrats, Liberalists, Tea, Independent, Rent is too Damn High, Conservatists, Green, Red, or Working Families Parties who've messed this Country up. We have the highest unemployment rate ever. We're still looking for Osama & in the "War on Terror." SSI is near bankrupt. Medicaid & Medicare is on its critical low. Businesses are lost. Civil Services are cut due to Budget Crisis. Crime has gone up in all cities. Taxes have been slowly climbing. Veterans get no help. Child Abuse still prevelant. School systems in many cities are overcrowded. Kids are uneducated. No child left behind Act; HS Students reading at a 5th Grade Level. Racism still here. Civil unrest. Inequality. Corruption. HS Graduation on the decline. College Grads unskilled and inexperience; moving back home. Cost of Living at it all time high. Don't Ask Don't Tell. Heathcare Reform. Bailouts. Homelessness. Mortgage Underwater and Foreclosed. Airport Patdown & Bodyscanners. Poor Healthcare. Embezzlement. Bankruptcy. Anti-Semetic. KKK. Elder Abuse. Police brutality. Obesity. Welfare recipients on the rise. Teenage drugs & sex. Laziness. ETC.

Our Country's decline is not because of Political Party, Race, Ethnic Background, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Socio-Economic Status, Age, Region of Residence, Marital Status, Nuclear Familial Status, Credit Score, Banking Balance, etc. It all stems down to one cause of the decline. People! People have done all this. That is & will always be the REASON...

Holy shit. That was weird. But you're right. I'm guessing that if we didn't have people that we would have non of the above.

Did you really type all of the above simply to make the point, "Oh my God! We're all fucked because we're.....PEOPLE!"?

Step away from the coffee brother! It's all going to work itself out, one way or another....

Dwayne

You make a good point Dwayne, I haven't received answers to some of my questions to crotchity so I'm not going to put myself through the discussion with him.

But I'm surprised that he hasn't come here saying we're all racist based on this song.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I've come to believe that we are all racist to one degree or another, and none more so than Crotchity. When he says, "When was the last time your white politician made a rule benefiting the black man?" or whatever, I do find that the hair on the back of my neck stands up. I'm tired of hearing it. Tired of hearing the Mexican illegals saying that they should be allowed citizen status because they're 'nice' and 'work hard.' Tired of hearing the blacks tell me that I owe them because I'm white, despite the fact that I grew up poorer than just about anyone of any race that I know. I do nothing, day to day, but try and do the best work that I can, earn the money that cares for my family, and treat everyone I meet with dignity and respect, do all in my power to speak for those that can't or won't speak for themselves....I'm just near exhausted by the hypocrisy. Generalize blacks and your a racist, generalize whites and your a realist. Bullshit. Generalize anyone and you're off in the ditch. (Listening to Eddie Boyd now on my Ipod...Hmmmm....wonder what THAT makes me?)

And I'm sexist too, tired of hearing feminists (notice that I didn't say females/women) tell me what an asshole I am for having a penis, how all of the feminist pain an misery belong not in their basket, based on their decisions, but in mine, for being a victimizer, despite the fact the every woman that knows me would tell you otherwise. Generalize men and you're a realist, generalize women and you're an abuser. Bullshit. Generalize anyone and you're off in the ditch.

It seems to me that the louder a group screams for equality that the more biased, deceitful and hateful they often are.....I don't get it. When do we stop complaining, and begging or demanding special care, and simply begin to care for each other as American brothers and sisters? I thought that was the whole point of the North American petri dish experiment after all...wasn't it?

I'm not going to apologize for being white. I'm not going to use the term African American. Because a 'black person' asked me to? No, because if being American isn't good enough for you, then we will never really understand each other. I don't care what color you are, what your accent sounds like, what they say about you on the news, if you came to my country to participate, to make yourself and America better, you are welcome and a member of my family. Easy, right?

I'm not going to apologize for having a dick. I'm strong and honest and kind. I victimize no one, but will rip your fucking heart out if you try and harm me or my family. I'm not ashamed of that either. If you're a woman and want to work with me you're welcome, and your success is guaranteed if you've come to really play, to participate, to carry your weight. If not, I will show you the equal respect I would show a man and throw your ass off of my site. Easy, right?

Is it just me? Is anyone else tired of not being able to walk down the street for slipping on the tears of the repressed or being blocked by the outstretched hands of the beggars? When did being American become synonymous with being a whiny, needy, angry pussy? Ours is a one income family with an autistic son. I work 86hrs/week, have never owned a home, have never owned a new car and likely never will. Stop your bitching, pick your ass up, get out of the house, and go do your thing...no one single person reading this is being stopped by another from doing so...

There you go Critchity. All the ammo you need to be angry and bitter for at least weeks to come. You're welcome.

Whew...I feel so much better now...

Dwayne

Edited by DwayneEMTP
  • Like 3

Dwayne- golf clap..

I feel your frustration, bud. I really do.

When I first read crochity's post asking if a white politician had ever passed a law that benefited blacks, I had 2 thoughts.

First, either he is not even remotely interested in a dialogue, but only stirring the pot because no rational person- even the most die hard idiots like Sharpton or JJ- could ever make such a statement with a straight face and not be called out on it. Not today.

Second, he really does believe this. He really thinks the deck is stacked against him- and his race. I provided multiple examples to prove this was not true, but no matter. If someone truly believes an extreme opinion, it's generally contrary to facts, common sense and reason. (Think Reverend Phelps and his crew here.) No amount of evidence will convince the person their opinion is wrong.

There will always be extreme opinions. That's the beauty of our nation- we can have those opinions and not be thrown in jail for them. The problems erupt when some of the extreme opinions gain traction, get bastardized, morphed, and become a cause or a movement.

I Think the immigration issue is probably the best example of that. Except for the hard core separatist militia types, living in self contained compounds who hate everyone and everything, most folks embrace immigration. Most of us are only here because our forefathers came from somewhere else.

Because of our shared border with a very poor and horribly run country, Mexicans have flocked to the US for years. Yes, we have had border checkpoints, but it was like the 500lb gorilla in the room- for decades now millions of illegals have crossed our borders and we essentially turned a blind eye to the problem. We quietly passed laws that gave them free education, free health care, food, and shelter.

Now, we have anywhere from 12-20 million illegals living among us, and people have finally realized the burden they have on our society. They have "assimilated" into our society to such an extent that the problem has become very complicated and there is not a simple solution- or at least one that is politically feasible. Would all our financial problems be erased if we suddenly got a handle on this problem? No, but especially in these difficult times, even the most hard core defenders of the rights of illegals(that's an oxymoron, isn't it?) have a tough time justifying the costs associated with our lack of direction and real action on this issue.

Hmmm...

A government that uses the Social Security Fund as a 'slush account', the same one that will vote down increasing the federal minimum wage, but NEVER misses an opportunity to vote themselves a pay raise.....

The same government that hides all sorts of 'pork' in bills and laws that the people have no voice on...

The same government that signs laws that allow our jobs to be shipped out of country, and yet STILL finds ways to break the law for personal gain....

The same government that passes laws that are struck down either in part or in whole because they exceed its authority....

The same government that tries to outdo the previous administration's attempts at stimulating the economy, but only stimulates certain parts of it.....

The same government that decries the sad state of education, but yet doesn't do anything to restructure it, and teaches our children that it's not necessary to really apply yourself...you're entitled to succeed.

The same government that does nothing to regulate corporate greed, and then hires the crooks to their administration…

This is somehow MY fault, simply because I’m a human? I didn’t vote for most of these criminals! I didn’t vote for these ‘lame ducks’ that are nothing but a waste of oxygen!

Because of our shared border with a very poor and horribly run country, Mexicans have flocked to the US for years. Yes, we have had border checkpoints, but it was like the 500lb gorilla in the room- for decades now millions of illegals have crossed our borders and we essentially turned a blind eye to the problem. We quietly passed laws that gave them free education, free health care, food, and shelter.

Now, we have anywhere from 12-20 million illegals living among us, and people have finally realized the burden they have on our society. They have "assimilated" into our society to such an extent that the problem has become very complicated and there is not a simple solution- or at least one that is politically feasible. Would all our financial problems be erased if we suddenly got a handle on this problem? No, but especially in these difficult times, even the most hard core defenders of the rights of illegals(that's an oxymoron, isn't it?) have a tough time justifying the costs associated with our lack of direction and real action on this issue.

Part of the 'lure' to come to this country seems to be all the 'freebies' that are waiting on you to just show up. Free education, health care, social assistance, etc. In order to receive these benefits (which are harder than hell for some of the natural citizens to secure), you don't even have to be a legal resident....go figure. Since they don't have to be 'legal citizens' to get the government handouts, what's the impetus to go through the naturalization process, or even apply for a visa to come into this country in the first place?

If it were not for liberals this country would have already collapsed. You should thank GOD every day for Obama and the Democrats, do you not realize how close we came to a Depression thanks to Republicans.

As far as thanking God for Obama.....I hardly think so! His policies have done nothing more than throw us deeper in debt, while doing NOTHING to stimulate a floundering economy as a whole.

Look at his 'Cash for Clunkers' program...what did it REALLY do to stimulate the entire economy? Not much, but I'll bet GM (Government Motors) made a killing on it!

Look at his 'Health Care Reform’, the bulk of it has either no funding, or has been struck down by the Supreme Court as unconstitutional because it exceeds their scope of power.

Has he fixed Social Security? Nope

Has he stopped the steady flow of American jobs going overseas? Nope

Has he closed Gitmo as he promised? Again...Nope

Has he addressed the illegal immigration problem? Nope

Has he presented a viable solution to the millions of people who are uninsured because of the skyrocketing prices of insurance premiums and treatment costs? Nope

Has he done anything about stopping corporate greed? Sure, he's hired the top guys from Fannie Mae and Freddy Mack to his cabinet!

Please, oh please tell me what there is to be thanking God for!

And as far as the Republicans being responsible for all this mess; let’s go back to your Democratic buddy, Uncle Bill Clinton who just happened to sign NAFTA and GATT into law as he was leaving office. Prior to those two bills becoming law, no U.S. based company could have more than 10% of their total production outside of the United States. HE is the one that opened the floodgates!

Well, not being a US citizen, I read this with some interest.

I agree with thrutheashes, who said that the general nature of politicians is similar everywhere, and it is not just US politicians who line their own pockets first and spend without making a difference to their citrizens.

I think what NYCEMS9115 was trying to say is that everyone is responsible for their own success, and we can’t blame everything on the government.

I think government corruption is alive and well in most countries. How many times do we hear that there is no funding for something that would benefit a large group of people, and yet there always seems to be funding for travel expenses, meetings in exotic places, extensive benefits, and retirement and severance packages for politicians?

I am amazed and appalled at crotchity’s comments (why do I continue to be surprised at the dreck this person spews?) Thank God for the current government for saving the US from a depression? Really? US unemployment rates in 2009 and 2010 are higher than they have been since 1983 (US Department of Labor www.dol.gov) The only reasons the current economic situation in the US is not called a “Depression” is because that word brings back reminders of the 1930’s and people would prefer to think that things are not that bad. Although the financial situation is not as dire as the 1930’s, the US, and world economy is indeed in a depression, where there has been a longterm downturn of economic activity. Many economists consider the last 4 years to be the worst economic crisis since the 1930’s. This "recession" is a culmination of decades of poor management and policy-making by government, big business, and financial institutions. The current state of affairs did not come about because of the last 4 or 8 years of US goverment - this has been building for a long time.

One of the largest failures of our time, is that we have not held current generations accountable for their actions. The mentality of “the government will provide” is so alive and well, and that is part of the drain of funds. Whether it is the stereotypical white trash or black ghetto neighborhoods, there are so many people that expect the government to care for their basic needs, rather than getting off their collective a**es and putting in an honest day’s work to earn their keep.

At the same time, education levels are falling, the quality of education is falling, and as individuals, many are depending on the schools to provide what in previous generations was provided at home. Today’s schools are not just a place of learning. They are daycare centres, social services centres, food banks, and safe havens for those with no other place to go, providing the day to day needs that should be provided for at home. Add to that the decreased level of education and training that a teacher in the US needs today compared to some other countries (I will use Canada as my comparison) and no wonder education if failing. In Canada, to be a teacher in a secondary school (kindergarten to Grade 12) you are required to have a minimum of a 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Education, which includes several practicum components. In the US, having a college diploma in any field is acceptable in many areas.

Watering down the educational programs deteriorates an economy as a whole. We all know that in general, more education means higher incomes. Higher incomes means more disposeable spending. More disposeable spending means more demand for products which generates production, which further stimulates the economy.

But I digress….. is all this the government’s fault? Mostly, yes. The government has told the average citizen that they will be well cared for in the “best country in the world.” It has become too easy to fall into that lazy “the government will provide” mentality and not take responsibility for one’s own actions. At the same time, the government, being government, has its corrupt decisions, and self-serving policies, which protect those in government, rather than those that they are to serve. The remaining fault lies with those who are too willing to blame everyone else for their problems “I’m not educated, so I can’t get a good job (but I dropped out of school),” “I am discriminated against (since I refuse to see that it is my actions that are preventing me from achieving my goals).” “My business is failing and the government needs to bail me out (even though I was a poor manager and refused to see that my spending was exceeding my income).”

Back to Dwayne’s video – yes, funny, but sad too – it summarizes in a nutshell that the government does as much harm as good, and many citizens are doing little to take responsibility for themselves. Sadly, those that are working hard to ensure a good life for themselves are working for more than their own families – they are working to put dollars into a politician’s pocket, and a social assistance abuser’s pocket. That cycle cannot last without complete collapse eventually.

Dangit, I forgot to add - if anyone gets video of AK dancing to this, can you please post it here? I would love to see that....

Lone Star, if you've lived a PERFECT life; then you should be offended. If your offended? I'm sorry.

I'm pretty good but I've contributed to make the human race bad. I drive to work (that helps the environment). I've litter before; which helps. I've smoked in my earlier years; that helped a lot. I've mixed the garbage with recycles before; that's helpful. So I've done a lot to hurt the world. Guess I can't asked you. Since you're a perfect human being... We are all guilty... Some more than others...